Are OpenRave 0.82 and Ubuntu 12.04 compatible?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
16 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Are OpenRave 0.82 and Ubuntu 12.04 compatible?

Murilo Marinho
Hi, I installed openRave Ubuntu 12.04 32 bits using the simple procedure showed in the documentation site .

Everything seems to install normally; but, in the end, something goes wrong:
Compiling /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/mpmath/libmp/exec_py3.py ...
SyntaxError: ('invalid syntax', ('/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/mpmath/libmp/exec_py3.py', 1, 12, 'exec_ = exec\n'))

Compiling /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/mpmath/tests/extratest_gamma.py ...
SyntaxError: ('invalid syntax', ('/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/mpmath/tests/extratest_gamma.py', 50, 35, '        print("%s ok;" % name, end=\' \')\n'))

Compiling /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/mpmath/tests/torture.py ...
SyntaxError: ('invalid syntax', ('/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/mpmath/tests/torture.py', 80, 27, '            print(".", end=\' \')\n'))
I can imagine this is connected to the true error with which I am rather concerned. After the installation with the said error, if I simply try
openrave.py --listexamples,
the program lists most, if not all, examples; but closes unexpectedly with a rather annoying:
floating point exception.
Well, listing examples is not such a relevant problem.

Trying to run most of the examples end in some python stacktrace dump, which are unlikely to be solved by me. And some others end with the same floating point exception I pointed out earlier.

I need to use openRave for a fairly complex humam-robot interaction application and, as such, I need, at least, to be able to run the example programs. I don't actually think this is a openRave intrinsic problem, as all hints show its an Ubuntu 12.04 interaction problem which is normal given the timeframe from its release, and given the close-to-unbearable issues in 12.04 itself. Since I didn't find such a error being asked before: is mine an isolated problem? Are there some steps to follow to fix it? Did I simply overlook something in the installation process?

Trying to compile from source wasn't really helpfull either given the missing lib in Ubuntu 12.04 problem. If compiling from source is the solution, I could try harder.

Even though I started this thread to show compatibility problems I might have found, I would like to know which is the "recomended" setup with openRave. By recomended I mean it can be limited in some aspects, such as Ubuntu and openRave versions, as long as it works.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Are OpenRave 0.82 and Ubuntu 12.04 compatible?

Aleksandar Atanasov
Hi :)

  I am using it in 12.04 and have no issues whatsoever. However I installed it by adding the PPA:
http://ppa.launchpad.net/openrave/release/ubuntu precise

If you don't need to make some kind of a special build, I advice you to use the PPA instead because it provides automatic updates.

Regards,
Aleksandar
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Are OpenRave 0.82 and Ubuntu 12.04 compatible?

Murilo Marinho
Hello,

Thank you for your answer, but I fail to see how your installation was different from mine.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Are OpenRave 0.82 and Ubuntu 12.04 compatible?

Aleksandar Atanasov
Hi

Yeh, sorry about that. Misread your post.  I thought you tried to compile it by yourself. Which version of python do you have on your machine? Mpmath is, if I am not mistaken, also installed when you install NumPy and SciPy (the second requires the first), which I had preinstalled. My advice is to see which libraries give you problem during the installation process and installed them yourself. Also have you tried compiling from source?

Usually when you get errors during the installation of something the probability that it doesn't work after that is huge.

Best regards,
Alex
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Are OpenRave 0.82 and Ubuntu 12.04 compatible?

Murilo Marinho
This post was updated on .
Aleksandar Atanasov wrote
Usually when you get errors during the installation of something the probability that it doesn't work after that is huge.
Couldn't agree more!

As this is the third machine in which I had those same problems, maybe something is really amiss in the installation procedure in 12.04.

Well, my python version is 2.7.3. It seems I had those two libraries installed by default as well.

I had issues trying to compile from source given the assimp library issue that broke my apt-get a couple of times when trying, but I don't see how it could work if the mpmath is not installing correctly.

As mpmath is a  "Python library for arbitrary-precision floating-point arithmetic", it could easily be related to the issues I described, at least the floating-point ones. Trying to install python-mpmath alone is giving me the same compiling problems as in the openRave installation. The current version of python-mpmath in apt-get in precise is 0.17-1, would yours be the same? If our versions differ, I think I could try fixing this without a hassle.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Are OpenRave 0.82 and Ubuntu 12.04 compatible?

Aleksandar Atanasov
Same version of Python, same version of mpmath (located in 'universe').

The issue with assimp should not be present (I think). The thread you posted the link to is from May. OpenRave 0.8.0 appeared later (I think). I looked up the libassimp and it's in 'main'. Mine is libassimp3.0-r1264.

Rosen Diankov wrote
[...]
Beatriz, please remove assimp.pc from your system and try again
rosen
Reply was:
Beatriz Leon wrote
Thanks Rosen, now it finished without errors!
Did you give it a try or you tried it in the past and than broke your apt-get? Oh, and one more thing - can you copy the installation progress and post it here (I think it's better to attach it as a TXT file)?

One last question (that I can think of :D) - do you have a 32bit or a 64bit Ubuntu? Mine is 32, although I am using a 64bit architecture (more packages available for 32bit ;)).

Regards,
Alex
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Are OpenRave 0.82 and Ubuntu 12.04 compatible?

Murilo Marinho
Aleksandar Atanasov wrote
Same version of Python, same version of mpmath (located in 'universe').

The issue with assimp should not be present (I think). The thread you posted the link to is from May. OpenRave 0.8.0 appeared later (I think). I looked up the libassimp and it's in 'main'. Mine is libassimp3.0-r1264.
Actually, if I'm not mistaken, the problem is with the dev version of the assimp library, which only installs when you try installing the openrave dependencies.

Aleksandar Atanasov wrote
Did you give it a try or you tried it in the past and than broke your apt-get? Oh, and one more thing - can you copy the installation progress and post it here (I think it's better to attach it as a TXT file)?
I tried removing the file, but couldn't fix the apt-get. After that, I didn't know what to do next, so I gave compiling from source up for a while.

The installation progress log install_log.txt

Aleksandar Atanasov wrote
One last question (that I can think of :D) - do you have a 32bit or a 64bit Ubuntu? Mine is 32, although I am using a 64bit architecture (more packages available for 32bit ;)).
I'm in the same setup as you, but I tried the in a 64bit Ubuntu in another machine. If I remember correctly, mpmath compiles correctly in 64bits; but, nonetheless, other errors are present.

Either way, when you run openrave.py --listexamples, everything runs accordingly? When you run openrave.py --example dualarmdemo_schunk as well? As our setup is so alike, this keeps bugging me.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Are OpenRave 0.82 and Ubuntu 12.04 compatible?

Aleksandar Atanasov
I don't have libassimp-dev installed on my machine. As for the commands you have mentioned - yes and not.

I get a list of examples yet at the end after "visibilityplanning" I get a line "Floating point exception (core dumped)". The schunk-demo runs until the robot grabs the object. I can see the whole action in OpenRave's UI. Than it aborts:
openrave.py --example dualarmdemo_schunk
Moving to Grasping position for object: <kinbody: - Object1 (bb33c57b05a8c4fae78731116b18548a)>
openravepy: RobotStateSaver, use body.CreateRobotStateSaver instead of RobotStateSaver
[configurationspecification.cpp:924] target tokens 'joint_values' do not match dof '14', guessing....
[dualmanipulation.h:313] finished planning
Grasping body <kinbody: - Object1 (bb33c57b05a8c4fae78731116b18548a)>
Grabbing body <kinbody: - Object1 (bb33c57b05a8c4fae78731116b18548a)>
Moving body <kinbody: - Object1 (bb33c57b05a8c4fae78731116b18548a)> out of the shelf
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/openrave.py", line 149, in <module>
    example.run(args=args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_0_8/openravepy_ext.py", line 56, in newfn
    return fn(*args,**kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_0_8/examples/dualarmdemo_schunk.py", line 184, in run
    OpenRAVEGlobalArguments.parseAndCreateThreadedUser(options,main,defaultviewer=True)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_0_8/misc.py", line 237, in parseAndCreateThreadedUser
    SetViewerUserThread(env,viewername,lambda: userfn(env,options))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_0_8/misc.py", line 99, in SetViewerUserThread
    userfn()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_0_8/misc.py", line 237, in <lambda>
    SetViewerUserThread(env,viewername,lambda: userfn(env,options))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_0_8/examples/dualarmdemo_schunk.py", line 163, in main
    schunk.graspAndMoveObject(jointvalues,obj)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_0_8/examples/dualarmdemo_schunk.py", line 122, in graspAndMoveObject
    self.moveObject(obj, delta=array([.2,0.0,0.0]))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_0_8/examples/dualarmdemo_schunk.py", line 93, in moveObject
    solutions = self.dualsolver.findMultiIKSolution(Tgrasps=[TLeftGrasp,TRightGrasp],filteroptions=IkFilterOptions.CheckEnvCollisions)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_0_8/misc.py", line 412, in findMultiIKSolution
    statesavers = [KinBody.KinBodyStateSaver(body) for body in grabbed]
NameError: global name 'KinBody' is not defined
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'OpenRAVE::openrave_exception'
  what():  openrave (Assert): [/usr/include/boost/smart_ptr/shared_ptr.hpp:418] -> T* boost::shared_ptr<T>::operator->() const [with T = OpenRAVE::RaveDatabase], expr: px != 0
Aborted (core dumped)
Since I am not familiar with the example AND started learning python not so long time ago, I am not sure if this is a normal behaviour or not. Aborted (core dumped) pretty much says it all, I think. And it looks like I have the same problem as yours.  I feel stupid right now. LOL And on second thought I do recall some weird behaviour during the installation but I was eating and watching something else, so didn't pay much of attention.

Sorry about giving you false hopes. I guess it would have been smarter to test the examples right after the installation was completed. I am as perplexed as you are. And I also have to use it. Have to check in in Windows (tomorrow) - WinXP 32bit and also Win7 64bit. So far what I have used was:
- openrave.py -i (for loading the XML-file that describes my robot in OpenRave)
- openrave.py -save (for exporting it in COLLADA 1.5 format)

http://openrave-users-list.185357.n3.nabble.com/Creating-an-OpenRave-robot-model-of-a-robot-from-A-to-Z-td4025830.html

I do also believe that the problem doesn't lie in OpenRave itself because the error comes from external libraries that are only shipped with it. However this is a most problematic issues. I advise you also to check it out in Windows. We might also consider filing a bug report. Also try installing an older version but make sure that the needed libraries are also installed because I really don't remember if all worked well with the PPA so you might consider compiling it yourself.

Greetings,
Alex
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Are OpenRave 0.82 and Ubuntu 12.04 compatible?

Rosen Diankov
Administrator
it would be great to know where it is crashing. if you can compile
openrave in debug mode (run "make DEBUG=d"), then run with gdb and

gdb --args openrave --listplugins

and when it crashes type "bt", then send us that trace.

thanks
rosen,

2013/1/12 Aleksandar Atanasov <[hidden email]>:

> I don't have libassimp-dev installed on my machine. As for the commands you
> have mentioned - yes and not.
>
> I get a list of examples yet at the end after "visibilityplanning" I get a
> line "Floating point exception (core dumped)". The schunk-demo runs until
> the robot grabs the object. I can see the whole action in OpenRave's UI.
> Than it aborts:
>
>> openrave.py --example dualarmdemo_schunk
>> Moving to Grasping position for object:
>> <kinbody: - Object1 (bb33c57b05a8c4fae78731116b18548a)>
>> openravepy: RobotStateSaver, use body.CreateRobotStateSaver instead of
>> RobotStateSaver
>> [configurationspecification.cpp:924] target tokens 'joint_values' do not
>> match dof '14', guessing....
>> [dualmanipulation.h:313] finished planning
>> Grasping body
>> <kinbody: - Object1 (bb33c57b05a8c4fae78731116b18548a)>
>> Grabbing body
>> <kinbody: - Object1 (bb33c57b05a8c4fae78731116b18548a)>
>> Moving body
>> <kinbody: - Object1 (bb33c57b05a8c4fae78731116b18548a)>
>>  out of the shelf
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "/usr/bin/openrave.py", line 149, in
>> <module>
>>     example.run(args=args)
>>   File
>> "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_0_8/openravepy_ext.py",
>> line 56, in newfn
>>     return fn(*args,**kwargs)
>>   File
>> "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_0_8/examples/dualarmdemo_schunk.py",
>> line 184, in run
>>
>> OpenRAVEGlobalArguments.parseAndCreateThreadedUser(options,main,defaultviewer=True)
>>   File
>> "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_0_8/misc.py",
>> line 237, in parseAndCreateThreadedUser
>>     SetViewerUserThread(env,viewername,lambda: userfn(env,options))
>>   File
>> "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_0_8/misc.py",
>> line 99, in SetViewerUserThread
>>     userfn()
>>   File
>> "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_0_8/misc.py",
>> line 237, in
>> <lambda>
>>     SetViewerUserThread(env,viewername,lambda: userfn(env,options))
>>   File
>> "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_0_8/examples/dualarmdemo_schunk.py",
>> line 163, in main
>>     schunk.graspAndMoveObject(jointvalues,obj)
>>   File
>> "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_0_8/examples/dualarmdemo_schunk.py",
>> line 122, in graspAndMoveObject
>>     self.moveObject(obj, delta=array([.2,0.0,0.0]))
>>   File
>> "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_0_8/examples/dualarmdemo_schunk.py",
>> line 93, in moveObject
>>     solutions =
>> self.dualsolver.findMultiIKSolution(Tgrasps=[TLeftGrasp,TRightGrasp],filteroptions=IkFilterOptions.CheckEnvCollisions)
>>   File
>> "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_0_8/misc.py",
>> line 412, in findMultiIKSolution
>>     statesavers = [KinBody.KinBodyStateSaver(body) for body in grabbed]
>> NameError: global name 'KinBody' is not defined
>> terminate called after throwing an instance of
>> 'OpenRAVE::openrave_exception'
>>   what():  openrave (Assert):
>> [/usr/include/boost/smart_ptr/shared_ptr.hpp:418] -> T* boost::shared_ptr
>> <T>
>> ::operator->() const [with T = OpenRAVE::RaveDatabase], expr: px != 0
>> Aborted (core dumped)
>
> Since I am not familiar with the example AND started learning python not so
> long time ago, I am not sure if this is a normal behaviour or not. *Aborted
> (core dumped)* pretty much says it all, I think. And it looks like I have
> the same problem as yours.  I feel stupid right now. LOL And on second
> thought I do recall some weird behaviour during the installation but I was
> eating and watching something else, so didn't pay much of attention.
>
> Sorry about giving you false hopes. I guess it would have been smarter to
> test the examples right after the installation was completed. I am as
> perplexed as you are. And I also have to use it. Have to check in in Windows
> (tomorrow) - WinXP 32bit and also Win7 64bit. So far what I have used was:
> - openrave.py -i (for loading the XML-file that describes my robot in
> OpenRave)
> - openrave.py -save (for exporting it in COLLADA 1.5 format)
>
> http://openrave-users-list.185357.n3.nabble.com/Creating-an-OpenRave-robot-model-of-a-robot-from-A-to-Z-td4025830.html
>
> I do also believe that the problem doesn't lie in OpenRave itself because
> the error comes from external libraries that are only shipped with it.
> However this is a most problematic issues. I advise you also to check it out
> in Windows. We might also consider filing a bug report. Also try installing
> an older version but make sure that the needed libraries are also installed
> because I really don't remember if all worked well with the PPA so you might
> consider compiling it yourself.
>
> Greetings,
> Alex
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://openrave-users-list.185357.n3.nabble.com/Are-OpenRave-0-82-and-Ubuntu-12-04-compatible-tp4025832p4025851.html
> Sent from the OpenRAVE Users List mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Master HTML5, CSS3, ASP.NET, MVC, AJAX, Knockout.js, Web API and
> much more. Get web development skills now with LearnDevNow -
> 350+ hours of step-by-step video tutorials by Microsoft MVPs and experts.
> SALE $99.99 this month only -- learn more at:
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/learnmore_122812
> _______________________________________________
> Openrave-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/openrave-users

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Master Visual Studio, SharePoint, SQL, ASP.NET, C# 2012, HTML5, CSS,
MVC, Windows 8 Apps, JavaScript and much more. Keep your skills current
with LearnDevNow - 3,200 step-by-step video tutorials by Microsoft
MVPs and experts. SALE $99.99 this month only -- learn more at:
http://p.sf.net/sfu/learnmore_122912
_______________________________________________
Openrave-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/openrave-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Are OpenRave 0.82 and Ubuntu 12.04 compatible?

Rosen Diankov
Administrator
hi guys,

i would also like to say that the problem is not mpmath, the erorrs
Murilo has been getting are normal.

I think the problem lies in 32bit ubuntu 12.04. i'll install a VM and
see if i could reproduce the problem.

Aleksandar, I just fixed the dualarmdemo_schunk demo and committed to
the master branch (it was a different bug)

rosen,


2013/1/12 Rosen Diankov <[hidden email]>:

> it would be great to know where it is crashing. if you can compile
> openrave in debug mode (run "make DEBUG=d"), then run with gdb and
>
> gdb --args openrave --listplugins
>
> and when it crashes type "bt", then send us that trace.
>
> thanks
> rosen,
>
> 2013/1/12 Aleksandar Atanasov <[hidden email]>:
>> I don't have libassimp-dev installed on my machine. As for the commands you
>> have mentioned - yes and not.
>>
>> I get a list of examples yet at the end after "visibilityplanning" I get a
>> line "Floating point exception (core dumped)". The schunk-demo runs until
>> the robot grabs the object. I can see the whole action in OpenRave's UI.
>> Than it aborts:
>>
>>> openrave.py --example dualarmdemo_schunk
>>> Moving to Grasping position for object:
>>> <kinbody: - Object1 (bb33c57b05a8c4fae78731116b18548a)>
>>> openravepy: RobotStateSaver, use body.CreateRobotStateSaver instead of
>>> RobotStateSaver
>>> [configurationspecification.cpp:924] target tokens 'joint_values' do not
>>> match dof '14', guessing....
>>> [dualmanipulation.h:313] finished planning
>>> Grasping body
>>> <kinbody: - Object1 (bb33c57b05a8c4fae78731116b18548a)>
>>> Grabbing body
>>> <kinbody: - Object1 (bb33c57b05a8c4fae78731116b18548a)>
>>> Moving body
>>> <kinbody: - Object1 (bb33c57b05a8c4fae78731116b18548a)>
>>>  out of the shelf
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>   File "/usr/bin/openrave.py", line 149, in
>>> <module>
>>>     example.run(args=args)
>>>   File
>>> "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_0_8/openravepy_ext.py",
>>> line 56, in newfn
>>>     return fn(*args,**kwargs)
>>>   File
>>> "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_0_8/examples/dualarmdemo_schunk.py",
>>> line 184, in run
>>>
>>> OpenRAVEGlobalArguments.parseAndCreateThreadedUser(options,main,defaultviewer=True)
>>>   File
>>> "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_0_8/misc.py",
>>> line 237, in parseAndCreateThreadedUser
>>>     SetViewerUserThread(env,viewername,lambda: userfn(env,options))
>>>   File
>>> "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_0_8/misc.py",
>>> line 99, in SetViewerUserThread
>>>     userfn()
>>>   File
>>> "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_0_8/misc.py",
>>> line 237, in
>>> <lambda>
>>>     SetViewerUserThread(env,viewername,lambda: userfn(env,options))
>>>   File
>>> "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_0_8/examples/dualarmdemo_schunk.py",
>>> line 163, in main
>>>     schunk.graspAndMoveObject(jointvalues,obj)
>>>   File
>>> "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_0_8/examples/dualarmdemo_schunk.py",
>>> line 122, in graspAndMoveObject
>>>     self.moveObject(obj, delta=array([.2,0.0,0.0]))
>>>   File
>>> "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_0_8/examples/dualarmdemo_schunk.py",
>>> line 93, in moveObject
>>>     solutions =
>>> self.dualsolver.findMultiIKSolution(Tgrasps=[TLeftGrasp,TRightGrasp],filteroptions=IkFilterOptions.CheckEnvCollisions)
>>>   File
>>> "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_0_8/misc.py",
>>> line 412, in findMultiIKSolution
>>>     statesavers = [KinBody.KinBodyStateSaver(body) for body in grabbed]
>>> NameError: global name 'KinBody' is not defined
>>> terminate called after throwing an instance of
>>> 'OpenRAVE::openrave_exception'
>>>   what():  openrave (Assert):
>>> [/usr/include/boost/smart_ptr/shared_ptr.hpp:418] -> T* boost::shared_ptr
>>> <T>
>>> ::operator->() const [with T = OpenRAVE::RaveDatabase], expr: px != 0
>>> Aborted (core dumped)
>>
>> Since I am not familiar with the example AND started learning python not so
>> long time ago, I am not sure if this is a normal behaviour or not. *Aborted
>> (core dumped)* pretty much says it all, I think. And it looks like I have
>> the same problem as yours.  I feel stupid right now. LOL And on second
>> thought I do recall some weird behaviour during the installation but I was
>> eating and watching something else, so didn't pay much of attention.
>>
>> Sorry about giving you false hopes. I guess it would have been smarter to
>> test the examples right after the installation was completed. I am as
>> perplexed as you are. And I also have to use it. Have to check in in Windows
>> (tomorrow) - WinXP 32bit and also Win7 64bit. So far what I have used was:
>> - openrave.py -i (for loading the XML-file that describes my robot in
>> OpenRave)
>> - openrave.py -save (for exporting it in COLLADA 1.5 format)
>>
>> http://openrave-users-list.185357.n3.nabble.com/Creating-an-OpenRave-robot-model-of-a-robot-from-A-to-Z-td4025830.html
>>
>> I do also believe that the problem doesn't lie in OpenRave itself because
>> the error comes from external libraries that are only shipped with it.
>> However this is a most problematic issues. I advise you also to check it out
>> in Windows. We might also consider filing a bug report. Also try installing
>> an older version but make sure that the needed libraries are also installed
>> because I really don't remember if all worked well with the PPA so you might
>> consider compiling it yourself.
>>
>> Greetings,
>> Alex
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> View this message in context: http://openrave-users-list.185357.n3.nabble.com/Are-OpenRave-0-82-and-Ubuntu-12-04-compatible-tp4025832p4025851.html
>> Sent from the OpenRAVE Users List mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Master HTML5, CSS3, ASP.NET, MVC, AJAX, Knockout.js, Web API and
>> much more. Get web development skills now with LearnDevNow -
>> 350+ hours of step-by-step video tutorials by Microsoft MVPs and experts.
>> SALE $99.99 this month only -- learn more at:
>> http://p.sf.net/sfu/learnmore_122812
>> _______________________________________________
>> Openrave-users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/openrave-users

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Master Visual Studio, SharePoint, SQL, ASP.NET, C# 2012, HTML5, CSS,
MVC, Windows 8 Apps, JavaScript and much more. Keep your skills current
with LearnDevNow - 3,200 step-by-step video tutorials by Microsoft
MVPs and experts. SALE $99.99 this month only -- learn more at:
http://p.sf.net/sfu/learnmore_122912
_______________________________________________
Openrave-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/openrave-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Are OpenRave 0.82 and Ubuntu 12.04 compatible?

Murilo Marinho
Hello,

Thank you both for helping me so much.

Rosen,

I was unable to compile from sources when I tried, given that assimp-dev issue I said earlier. It may even not be an issue at all, but I didn't know what I could do.

Anyways, besides the issue with

listexamples listexamples_error_log.txt,

I tried running some other examples and I had issues with

convexdecomposition convexdecomposition_error_log.txt
collision collision_error_log.txt
collision2 collision2_error_log.txt
dualarmdemo_schunk (which should be fixed as you said)
I went only up to fastgrasping (seems to work fine but has some python "Tracebacks" over and over but doesn't crash)

I could test them all if needed.

If something is missing in my setup, I'd be glad to fix it.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Are OpenRave 0.82 and Ubuntu 12.04 compatible?

Aleksandar Atanasov
This post was updated on .
Alas, I don't have enough space to create a virtual machine in Ubuntu (requires quite a lot - the installation of Ubuntu itself plus downloading OpenRave sources (I think this is 200MB and more), compiling (more and more files); even if you delete LibreOffice&Co., this is still a huge space requirement on my HDD, which I currently do not have available :( ) and frankly I don't want to poke around with my current installation (before trying to create an IK-solution for my model and failing because of some problem than I can't solve without reinstalling by compiling :D). I hope someone else can try compiling it. I also have a Debian and Arch Linux virtual machines but I don't believe this brings a lot to solving our problem considering the difference between those and Ubuntu.

Regards,
Aleksandar
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Are OpenRave 0.82 and Ubuntu 12.04 compatible?

jj56
I just wondered whether there's been any progress on this? I just attempted installing OpenRAVE with apt-get on Ubuntu 12.04.3 (64-bit) and am having exactly the same problem Murilo and Aleksandar were discussing.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Are OpenRave 0.82 and Ubuntu 12.04 compatible?

framos
Same problem here. Just made a fresh installation of OpenRave 0.82 (stable) in Ubuntu 12.04 and got no problems. Python version is 2.7.3. Then I installed ROS Hydra, and during installation I got the mentioned issues:

framos@framos-HP:~$ sudo apt-get install ros-hydro-desktop-full
[...]
ldconfig deferred processing now taking place
Processing triggers for python-support ...
Compiling /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/mpmath/libmp/exec_py3.py ...
SyntaxError: ('invalid syntax', ('/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/mpmath/libmp/exec_py3.py', 1, 12, 'exec_ = exec\n'))

Compiling /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/mpmath/tests/extratest_gamma.py ...
SyntaxError: ('invalid syntax', ('/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/mpmath/tests/extratest_gamma.py', 50, 35, '        print("%s ok;" % name, end=\' \')\n'))

Compiling /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/mpmath/tests/torture.py ...
SyntaxError: ('invalid syntax', ('/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/mpmath/tests/torture.py', 80, 27, '            print(".", end=\' \')\n'))

So I guess it is not an OpenRave problem, but searching the web I got to this page. Any insights?

Thanks.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Are OpenRave 0.82 and Ubuntu 12.04 compatible?

Aleksandar Atanasov
Hi, Framos :)

  Sorry but I have no clue how to solve this problem. This might be due to some incompatibility in Python's versions (since all errors come from various Python scritps) but this is just a wild guess since I've just recently started learning the language in more detail. Rosen expressed a concern that the problem might even lie in the architecture of the computer used since people with 64bit Ubuntu have so far not mentioned of such a problem and as you know floating point numbers in 32 and 64bit are different (memory-wise).

Sorry again and if you find a solution, do tell us all so that others can gain from this knowledge,
Aleksandar


On 14 November 2013 10:26, framos [via OpenRAVE Users List] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Same problem here. Just made a fresh installation of OpenRave 0.82 (stable) in Ubuntu 12.04 and got no problems. Python version is 2.7.3. Then I installed ROS Hydra, and during installation I got the mentioned issues:

framos@framos-HP:~$ sudo apt-get install ros-hydro-desktop-full
[...]
ldconfig deferred processing now taking place
Processing triggers for python-support ...
Compiling /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/mpmath/libmp/exec_py3.py ...
SyntaxError: ('invalid syntax', ('/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/mpmath/libmp/exec_py3.py', 1, 12, 'exec_ = exec\n'))

Compiling /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/mpmath/tests/extratest_gamma.py ...
SyntaxError: ('invalid syntax', ('/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/mpmath/tests/extratest_gamma.py', 50, 35, '        print("%s ok;" % name, end=\' \')\n'))

Compiling /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/mpmath/tests/torture.py ...
SyntaxError: ('invalid syntax', ('/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/mpmath/tests/torture.py', 80, 27, '            print(".", end=\' \')\n'))

So I guess it is not an OpenRave problem, but searching the web I got to this page. Any insights?

Thanks.


If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://openrave-users-list.185357.n3.nabble.com/Are-OpenRave-0-82-and-Ubuntu-12-04-compatible-tp4025832p4026833.html
To unsubscribe from Are OpenRave 0.82 and Ubuntu 12.04 compatible?, click here.
NAML



--
Elvis Presley: Love is worth all the gold on Earth
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Are OpenRave 0.82 and Ubuntu 12.04 compatible?

waldezjr
I just made a fresh install of all the applications you mentioned but in the following order ubuntu->ROS Hydro->openrave 0.82 .

Everything seems to be fine but i ve been having troubles with using them both at the same time, idk but it might have something to do with the fact that ros and openrave set different python paths. Iḿ still trying to make them both work together, ive a found a wrap around to do this, but the rospack find open rave command didn get me any results either.