Quantcast

Changing CloseFingers Speed and Depth

Cescuder
It is possible to change fingers speed when using closefingers? I want to make this function instantly(if possible)

And it is also possible change the depth when these closing fingers collide with an object? This is for having more contact points when fingers are closed)
Carlos Rubert.
Researcher at Robotic Intelligence Laboratory.
Universitat Jaume I (Spain)

Re: Changing CloseFingers Speed and Depth

Alex
I found that you can make the finger closing "instant", or at least faster, if you do the following:

TaskHand = interfaces.TaskManipulation(robot)
final, traj = TaskHand.CloseFingers(execute=False, outputfinal=True)
robot.SetDOFValues(final)

The 'execute=False' turns off the visualization of the hand closing and the 'SetDOFValues' will set the joints to the final grasp configuration.  Setting the joints is much faster than waiting for the trajectory visualization to complete.  I am not sure if the final joint output includes all of the robot joints or just the hand joints.  You may need to include some joint indicies when setting DOF's if the joint list is only for the hand.