Quantcast

Collada 1.4 to 1.5 -- collecting data from google 3D warehouse

Collada 1.4 to 1.5 -- collecting data from google 3D warehouse

asheshjain399
Hello

I have downloaded some indoor (house) environments from google 3D warehouse and would like to import them in openrave. However, those environments are in collada v1.4 while openrave accepts v1.5

One naive way of importing them is by changing the file header from 1.4 to 1.5, but then openrave considers the environment as a single rigid link and not individual objects. Can anyone suggest a better method of converting v1.4 to v1.5 and/or importing them in openrave such that individual objects in the environment are retained.

--
Ashesh Jain
www.cs.cornell.edu/~ashesh
Ashesh

Re: Collada 1.4 to 1.5 -- collecting data from google 3D warehouse

asheshjain399
Thanks Rosen. I tried what you suggested but I get the following error

kinbody.InitFromGeometries(geometry)
TypeError: object of type 'Geometry' has no len()

Do you think is this a problem with the collada file I imported? Just to remind, the collada files are obtained from google 3d ware house (here is the link to collada file).
Ashesh

Re: Collada 1.4 to 1.5 -- collecting data from google 3D warehouse

can you try

2013/9/21 asheshjain399 <[hidden email]>
Thanks Rosen. I tried what you suggested but I get the following error

kinbody.InitFromGeometries(geometry)
TypeError: object of type 'Geometry' has no len()

Do you think is this a problem with the collada file I imported? Just to
remind, the collada files are obtained from google 3d ware house (here is
the  link
<http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=d37f72aa0a5af4886f0d12ca35c585d8>
to collada file).

-----
--
Ashesh

Re: Collada 1.4 to 1.5 -- collecting data from google 3D warehouse

asheshjain399
with kinbody.InitFromGeometries([geometry]) I get the following error:

TypeError: No registered converter was able to produce a C++ rvalue of type boost::shared_ptr<openravepy::PyKinBody::PyLink::PyGeometryInfo> from this Python object of type Geometry
Ashesh

Re: Collada 1.4 to 1.5 -- collecting data from google 3D warehouse

asheshjain399
geometry.GetInfo() shows that Geometry object has no attribute GetInfo, which I think shouldn't be happening.

        env.Load('lab.skeleton.xml')
        kinbody = env.ReadKinBodyURI('room.dae')
        env.AddKinBody(kinbody,True)
        links = kinbody.GetLinks()
        print links
        for link in links:
                for geom in link.GetGeometries():
                        print geom.GetInfo()  # This throws an error

    print geom.GetInfo()
    AttributeError: 'Geometry' object has no attribute 'GetInfo'

I am using openrave v0.8.2

Thanks!!
Ashesh