Could not generate IKSolution file

praveenv4k
I am a hobby programmer .I tried developing the kinbody and robot file for Yaskawa robot.
Since I am a beginner i could not debug the following error which resulted when i tried to develop the inverse kinematic model of the robot.

C:\Program Files\openrave\bin>openrave.py --database inversekinematics --robot=r
obots/motoman-HP20.robot.xml
Generating inverse kinematics for manip arm : Transform6D [0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5] (th
is might take ~10 min)
generating inverse kinematics file C:\Documents and Settings\Praveen\.openrave\k
inematics.b14d43204302105479d3bb81e6a47da2\ikfast10.Transform6D_0_1_2_3_4_5.cpp
Taking the inverse of the mechanism (sometimes intersecting joints are on the ba
se)
rotvars:  [j0, j1, j2, j3]  transvars:  [j4, j5]  not 3 dims
failed to genreate ik solution
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\openrave\bin\openrave.py", line 101, in <module>
    database.run(args=args)
  File "C:\Program Files\openrave\share\openrave\openravepy\databases\inversekin
ematics.py", line 590, in run
    InverseKinematicsModel.RunFromParser(*args,**kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files\openrave\share\openrave\openravepy\databases\inversekin
ematics.py", line 562, in RunFromParser
    OpenRAVEModel.RunFromParser(Model=Model,parser=parser,args=args,**kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files\openrave\share\openrave\openravepy\openravepy_ext.py",
line 583, in RunFromParser
    model.autogenerate(options=options)
  File "C:\Program Files\openrave\share\openrave\openravepy\databases\inversekin
ematics.py", line 237, in autogenerate
    self.generate(iktype=iktype,freejoints=freejoints,usedummyjoints=usedummyjoi
nts,accuracy=accuracy,precision=precision,forceikbuild=forceikbuild,outputlang=o
utputlang)
  File "C:\Program Files\openrave\share\openrave\openravepy\databases\inversekin
ematics.py", line 320, in generate
    raise ValueError('failed to generate ik solver for robot %s:%s'%(self.robot.
GetName(),self.manip.GetName()))
ValueError: failed to generate ik solver for robot motoman-HP20:arm

Please help me if someone knows the solution for this.I got stuck up at this point.

Thanks
PraveenKumar Vasudevan

Re: Could not generate IKSolution file

hi PraveenKumar,

There are two possibilities for the failure:

- the yaskawa arm has a wrist without intersecting axes
- you have a small offset somewhere in the file that is throwing things off

can you send the openrave xml robot file so we can take a look at it?
rosen,

2010/10/1 praveenv4k <[hidden email]>:

> I am a hobby programmer .I tried developing the kinbody and robot file for
> Yaskawa robot.
> Since I am a beginner i could not debug the following error which resulted
> when i tried to develop the inverse kinematic model of the robot.
>
> C:\Program Files\openrave\bin>openrave.py --database inversekinematics
> --robot=r
> obots/motoman-HP20.robot.xml
> Generating inverse kinematics for manip arm : Transform6D [0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
> (th
> is might take ~10 min)
> generating inverse kinematics file C:\Documents and
> Settings\Praveen\.openrave\k
> inematics.b14d43204302105479d3bb81e6a47da2\ikfast10.Transform6D_0_1_2_3_4_5.cpp
> Taking the inverse of the mechanism (sometimes intersecting joints are on
> the ba
> se)
> rotvars:  [j0, j1, j2, j3]  transvars:  [j4, j5]  not 3 dims
> failed to genreate ik solution
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "C:\Program Files\openrave\bin\openrave.py", line 101, in <module>
>    database.run(args=args)
>  File "C:\Program
> Files\openrave\share\openrave\openravepy\databases\inversekin
> ematics.py", line 590, in run
>    InverseKinematicsModel.RunFromParser(*args,**kwargs)
>  File "C:\Program
> Files\openrave\share\openrave\openravepy\databases\inversekin
> ematics.py", line 562, in RunFromParser
>
> OpenRAVEModel.RunFromParser(Model=Model,parser=parser,args=args,**kwargs)
>  File "C:\Program
> Files\openrave\share\openrave\openravepy\openravepy_ext.py",
> line 583, in RunFromParser
>    model.autogenerate(options=options)
>  File "C:\Program
> Files\openrave\share\openrave\openravepy\databases\inversekin
> ematics.py", line 237, in autogenerate
>
> self.generate(iktype=iktype,freejoints=freejoints,usedummyjoints=usedummyjoi
> nts,accuracy=accuracy,precision=precision,forceikbuild=forceikbuild,outputlang=o
> utputlang)
>  File "C:\Program
> Files\openrave\share\openrave\openravepy\databases\inversekin
> ematics.py", line 320, in generate
>    raise ValueError('failed to generate ik solver for robot
> %s:%s'%(self.robot.
> GetName(),self.manip.GetName()))
> ValueError: failed to generate ik solver for robot motoman-HP20:arm
>
> Please help me if someone knows the solution for this.I got stuck up at this
> point.
>
> Thanks
> PraveenKumar Vasudevan

Re: Could not generate IKSolution file

praveenv4k
Hi Rosen,

Sure .. I will send the associated files..motoman-HP20.kinbody.xmlmotoman-HP20.robot.xml

Re: Could not generate IKSolution file

praveenv4k

I made the Kinbody XML file I have attached from kinbody xml file of kukakr5 850 robot as base. But i used the dimensions of the yaskawa robot and i also developed the view files for yaskawa robot.

Please teach if there is something wrong in the XML file.

Praveen

Re: Could not generate IKSolution file

hi praveen,

The last axis seems to be in the wrong place. Have you verified that
the kinematics are all correct by verifying each joint's movement?

rosen,

2010/10/1 praveenv4k <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Rosen,
>
> Sure .. I will send the associated files..
> http://openrave-users-list.185357.n3.nabble.com/file/n1612798/motoman-HP20.kinbody.xml
> motoman-HP20.kinbody.xml
> http://openrave-users-list.185357.n3.nabble.com/file/n1612798/motoman-HP20.robot.xml
> motoman-HP20.robot.xml

Re: Could not generate IKSolution file

praveenv4k
Dear Rosen,

Is that Link 6 you mean by last axis. I also suspect that the translation values are wrong but the resultant robot assemble seem to be correct. for your reference i will send the assembled robot model.

could you teach me one thing. how can i use <axis> key in XML file to rotate the axis of a particular link.

looking forward for your reply.

PraveenWS000247.JPG

Re: Could not generate IKSolution file

Hi Praveen,

The link offset is currently:

<Translation>0 -0.040 -0.105</Translation>

However, that throws off the alignment of the last axis. You can
perhaps try to put the translation offset inside the <geom tag:

  <Body name="link6" type="dynamic">
    <offsetfrom>link5</offsetfrom>
    <Geom type="trimesh">
      <Translation>0 -0.040 -0.105</Translation>
      <Data>models/HP20/AXIS_6.iv 0.001</Data>
      <Render>models/HP20/AXIS_6.iv 0.001</Render>
    </Geom>
  </Body>

You can rotate each of the axes in the GUI by pressing the escape key
to go into 'edit mode'. And then holding CTRL when clicking on the
robot parts.

rosen,

2010/10/1 praveenv4k <[hidden email]>:

> Dear Rosen,
>
> Is that Link 6 you mean by last axis. I also suspect that the translation
> values are wrong but the resultant robot assemble seem to be correct. for
> your reference i will send the assembled robot model.
>
> could you teach me one thing. how can i use <axis> key in XML file to rotate
> the axis of a particular link.
>
> looking forward for your reply.
>
> Praveen
> http://openrave-users-list.185357.n3.nabble.com/file/n1612991/WS000247.JPG
> WS000247.JPG

Re: Could not generate IKSolution file

praveenv4k
Dear Rosen,

i tried putting the translation inside the <Geom> key but the axis of rotation was wrong. Can I use <anchor> key instead of <translation>?

Please help me out.

Thanks
Praveenimage1.JPG
image2.JPG

Re: Could not generate IKSolution file

hi praveen,

I only suggested to move the <translation> tag because the offset (ie
anchor) of the axis looked wrong. You are correct that you can keep
the link definition as is and modify the <anchor> parameter on the
joint appropriately.

rosen,

2010/10/1 praveenv4k <[hidden email]>:

> Dear Rosen,
>
> As you said I checked the rotation of each axis in the GUI. I found that the
> rotation of axis 6 is wrong as shown in the first image. then i changed the
> could get the current rotation of axis 6 as shown in second image.
>
> i tried putting the translation inside the <Geom> key but the axis of
> rotation was wrong. Can I use <anchor> key instead of <translation>?
>
> Please help me out.
>
> Thanks
> Praveen
> http://openrave-users-list.185357.n3.nabble.com/file/n1613072/image1.JPG
> image1.JPG
> http://openrave-users-list.185357.n3.nabble.com/file/n1613072/image2.JPG
> image2.JPG

Re: Could not generate IKSolution file

praveenv4k
Dear Rosen,

I set the anchor offset as you told and checked the axis rotations. Now the things are OK and I could able to generate the IK Solution. Thank you so much for guiding.. Will come back to you when I find difficulties in proceeding..

Thanks
Praveen