Quantcast

Defining absolute positions of joints after each movement

Defining absolute positions of joints after each movement

anton
Hi Everybody

I am new to openrave and trying out the following:

My robot has 6 DOF.

I have 4 points in space, which the end effector has to go through.
I built a spline through these points and divided the spline into small pieces.

Then I solved the IK problem for each point and saved the solutions in an array.
In my program I go through this array and do

robot.SetDOFValues(trajectory[i])

I want to get to know which linear distance the end effector goes between each two points.
Later I will need such information for each joint.

The only thing I have found so far is using

robot.GetLinkTransformations()

to get an array of 4x4 matrixes on each step. Using these matrixes I am able to calculate the real positions and distances through multiplications.

I'm wondering if there is a simpler way to do it

Thank's a lot!

Re: Defining absolute positions of joints after each movement

Bahram Maleki-Fard
Hi,

what you want is to get the transform of the end-effector. This should
do it:
     robot.GetActiveManipulator().GetTransform()

hope that helps :)