Error Import Collada

strikedp
Hi all,
i'm trying to export a model for an university project from blender using the script Robot Editor because i need to import it in openrave and i can do it only with a collada file 1.5 version.
My problem is that i can export the model from blender, but when i import it in openrave, i lost my kinematics information.
Specially, i have many errors from terminal, how you can see in the image attached.
What could be the problem?
Thank you very much,
Regards,
Strikedp
Terminal

Re: Error Import Collada

Praveen
Hi,

It seems that you do not have the kinematic information.
Can you try adding the missing kinematic information in collada file?
or
break the robot in different rigid bodies and connect them through OpenRAVE xml format.

If the blend file is not too large, please send it as an attachment.

Best Regards
Praveen

Re: Error Import Collada

strikedp
Hi Praaven,
i'm not an expert in xml and i don't know how adding the kinematics information.
I attached you blender file. My model it's not completed there, in fact I just sent you the mechanical arm of my excavator. I thought that if I learn how the script works in this part, I can use it in the same way for the rest of the model.

Thank you for your kind attention,
Regards

strikedp

LinkcollegatiDIN.blend

Re: Error Import Collada

Praveen
Hi,

I am really not sure if Blender can support export kinematic information to the collada file.
May be some one experienced can give a feedback.

Regarding OpenRAVE xml format, you can find sufficient information in

http://openrave.programmingvision.com/wiki/index.php/Format:XML

You can create collada files for individual bodies and assemble them using OpenRAVE xml to form a complete robot.

Best Regards
Praveen

Re: Error Import Collada

strikedp
All right Praveen, thank you for your kind attention. I will do as you've recommended.
I've only another question: what are the steeps for create the model in xml?
OpenRAVE XML -> COLLADA FILE -> Load it in Openrave?