Quantcast

Forward Kinematics

andreas
Hi all,

how do I get the forward kinematics for some end-effector joint angles in OpenRave?

Thanks,

Andreas

Re: Forward Kinematics

Bahram Maleki-Fard
Hi,

you can simply set the joint values of the robot, and then get the
Transform you want.

For example (python):

     with self.robot: # save robot state
         self.robot.SetDOFValues(..)
         T = self.robot.GetActiveManipulator().GetTransform()
     # robot state restored

Cheers,
Bahram