From Blender to OpenRAVE

strikedp
Hey all,
thank you for your amazing job and sorry if my english will be not perfect.
I'm working at the creation of an excavator arm with Blender and now i would export the model in openrave.
The problem is the version of collada file: blender export in collada 1.41 and OpenRave need collada 1.5.
I can resolve this problem but i lose all kinematics proprieties!
How can i load in Openrave my complete model?
Thank you so much!

Re: From Blender to OpenRAVE

there is a plugin for Blender that allows you to export into collada 1.5 with all the kinematics:

http://opengrasp.sourceforge.net/robotEditor.html

i'm not sure if it works on the newest versions of blender though...

2013/8/10 strikedp <[hidden email]>
Hey all,
thank you for your amazing job and sorry if my english will be not perfect.
I'm working at the creation of an excavator arm with Blender and now i would
export the model in openrave.
The problem is the version of collada file: blender export in collada 1.41
and OpenRave need collada 1.5.
I can resolve this problem but i lose all kinematics proprieties!
How can i load in Openrave my complete model?
Thank you so much!

Re: From Blender to OpenRAVE

strikedp
Hi Rosen,
thanks for your interest.
I'm just tried RobotEditor in Blender 2.48a but the problem is that i've just my static model complete and it's so difficult insert the only kinematic (armature and bones) with this plugin.
There's another solution? A way to export the model from blender, with kinematics information, directly? Or another script that save the kinematics information that i insert with blender's armature?

Re: From Blender to OpenRAVE

strikedp
Hello,
my asked is simple: There's an alternative cad to blender for export my model in collada 1.5?
Which software cad is recommended to use (when set kinematics information)?
Thanks