Geometry not saved in Collada

Steve
Using python, I've created a robot programmatically with VRML render and collision link files. I then added it to the environment and saved it using env.Save("robot.dae"). When I load the saved Collada file, though, the robot is not visible in the viewer. Looking at the saved file, the link geometry doesn't seem to be included, and there are no references to external .wrl files. Is it possible to save the robot definition together with its meshes in Collada?

Thanks,
Steve

Re: Geometry not saved in Collada

Hi Steve,

You have to fill in ginfo._meshcollision

ginfo._filenamecollision is just for record keeping
ginfo._filenamerender is for optional display on the viewer (whose info does *not* get exported to collada).

Therefore, you essentially created a mesh with no geometry. What you should do is:

ginfo._meshcollision = env.ReadTrimeshURI(mycollisionmodel)

In the very near future, we will have COLLADA saving both the collision and render meshes, but it's not implemented right now.

best,
rosen,