Grasping: (Direction, roll, position, standoff) transformation.

Grasping: (Direction, roll, position, standoff) transformation.

marodga
Hi all,

The "finalconfig[1]" given by the testGrasp/runGrasp functions calculate the info as a matrix like this:
[ [direction]
  [roll]
  [position]
  [standoff] ]

It's able transform this matrix in a vector like [[x, y, z], [x', y', z', w']]??

What I want to say is, for example, if my target is in the position [[x1, y1, z1], [x1', y1', z1', w1']] and the finalconfig[1] is [ [d1, d2, d3, d4], [r1, r2, r3, r4], [p1, p2, p3, p4], [s1, s2, s3, s4] ]. Can I get a equivalent vector [[X, Y, Z], [X', Y', Z', W']] with an OpenRAVE function?

Cheers,
manuel

Life! Don't talk to me about life.

Re: Grasping: (Direction, roll, position, standoff) transformation.

Hi Manuel,

Actually in 0.4.1 we now have the manipulator direction as a
parameter. So the parameters that determine a robot's position with
respect to a target are:

1. approach direction
2. roll
3. position
4. standoff
5. manipulator pointing direction

Currently, the function that converts this to a 6D transformation
matrix is not exposed. It is implemented in the PlanPath function of
Grasper  planner

https://openrave.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/openrave/trunk/plugins/grasper/grasperplanner.h

we can expose it if it is critical for you.

rosen,

2011/7/8 Manuel Rodríguez <[hidden email]>:

> Hi all,
> The "finalconfig[1]" given by the testGrasp/runGrasp functions calculate the
> info as a matrix like this:
> [ [direction]
>   [roll]
>   [position]
>   [standoff] ]
> It's able transform this matrix in a vector like [[x, y, z], [x', y', z',
> w']]??
>
> What I want to say is, for example, if my target is in the position [[x1,
> y1, z1], [x1', y1', z1', w1']] and the finalconfig[1] is [ [d1, d2, d3, d4],
> [r1, r2, r3, r4], [p1, p2, p3, p4], [s1, s2, s3, s4] ]. Can I get a
> equivalent vector [[X, Y, Z], [X', Y', Z', W']] with an OpenRAVE function?
>

> Cheers,
> manuel

Re: Grasping: (Direction, roll, position, standoff) transformation.

Cescuder
Hi,
I'm having the same issue, i would like to get the 6D transformation from
this set of parameters. Is there any OpenRave function to get it?

Carlos Rubert.
Researcher at Robotic Intelligence Laboratory.
Universitat Jaume I (Spain)