Quantcast

Grasping error

softy
Hello,
I trying to generate a trajectory to grasp object. But i have error:
[basemanipulation.cpp:815 _MoveToHandPosition] failed to find goal
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "manualGrasp.py", line 82, in <module>
    trajectory = basemanip.MoveToHandPosition(matrices=[Tgoal],outputtrajobj=True,execute=False,maxiter=3000,maxtries=2,seedik=8)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_/interfaces/BaseManipulation.py", line 232, in MoveToHandPosition
    raise planning_error('MoveToHandPosition')
openravepy._openravepy_.openravepy_ext.PlanningError: Planning Error
MoveToHandPosition
QtDBus: cannot relay signals from parent QObject(0x7f84c45af520 "") unless they are emitted in the object's thread QThread(0x7f84c400e500 ""). Current thread is QThread(0x2685e10 "").
QtDBus: cannot relay signals from parent QObject(0x7f84c45af520 "") unless they are emitted in the object's thread QThread(0x7f84c400e500 ""). Current thread is QThread(0x2685e10 "").
[qtcoinrave.cpp:80 DestroyPlugin] SoQt releasing all memory
Coin debug: socontexthandler_cleanup(): 128 context-bound resources not free'd before exit.
QThreadStorage: Thread 0x7f84c400e500 exited after QThreadStorage 6 destroyed
QThreadStorage: Thread 0x7f84c400e500 exited after QThreadStorage 5 destroyed
QThreadStorage: Thread 0x7f84c400e500 exited after QThreadStorage 4 destroyed
QThreadStorage: Thread 0x7f84c400e500 exited after QThreadStorage 3 destroyed
QThreadStorage: Thread 0x7f84c400e500 exited after QThreadStorage 2 destroyed
QThreadStorage: Thread 0x7f84c400e500 exited after QThreadStorage 1 destroyed
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Grasp isn't in collision and robot isn't in initial collision, i'm 100% sure.
I have sample code, writed 1 year ago. This code working on old version of openrave, but on actual version it crash.

I try graspplanning example and I got this error with no success grasp&replace:
grasping object mug2
[taskmanipulation.cpp:517 GraspPlanning] failed processing command igrasptrans
failed to grasp object mug2
Planning Error

Can anybody help? It is a bug in newest version of openrave?
Thanks !

Re: Grasping error

softy
Now I found in taskmanipulation.cpp file two same IF statements (cmd == "igrasptrans") started from line 444 :
 else if( cmd == "igrasptrans" ) {
sinput >> vLocalGraspTranslationOffset.x >> vLocalGraspTranslationOffset.y >> vLocalGraspTranslationOffset.z;
}
else if( cmd == "steplength" ) {
sinput >> fRRTStepLength;
}
else if( cmd == "igrasproll" ) {
sinput >> iGraspRoll;
}
else if( cmd == "igraspstandoff" ) {
sinput >> iGraspStandoff;
}
else if( cmd == "igrasppreshape" ) {
sinput >> iGraspPreshape;
}
else if( cmd == "igrasptrans" ) {
sinput >> iGraspTransform;
}

so, second cmd == "igrasptrans" never fire. I assume, this is a bug.

Re: Grasping error

Bahram Maleki-Fard
The part with vLocalGrasptranslationOffset has been added in 2014:
https://github.com/rdiankov/openrave/commit/aad5dcd6ecf1fa0945861bb7785182c4c2e2e315

I guess it should've been

     else if( cmd == "igrasptransoffset" ) {

or something similar instead. Have you tried modifying that line and see
if it works out?

Cheers,
Bahram

2015/07/15 15:52 , Softy:

> Now I found in taskmanipulation.cpp file two same IF statements (cmd ==
> "igrasptrans") started from line 444 :
>
> so, second cmd == "igrasptrans" never fire. I assume, this is a bug.

Re: Grasping error

softy
This post was updated on .
First I change it to "igrasptransoffset", on graspplanning example i had error (without success grasp):
[taskmanipulation.cpp:512 GraspPlanning] unrecognized command: igrasptranslationoffset
[taskmanipulation.cpp:619 GraspPlanning] grasp indices not all initialized
failed to grasp object mug6
Planning Error

Then i change it to "igrasptranslationoffset" (i found this somewhere deeper in file), error change to:
[taskmanipulation.cpp:517 GraspPlanning] failed processing command igrasptranslationoffset
failed to grasp object mug2
Planning Error

Im trying to grasp object via movetohandposition, but when I try to move hand to initial position, it crash (IK solution not found). But why? I move from init pose to somewhere and I cant return back?  Did I miss something?