How to convert collada file to stl files?

How to convert collada file to stl files?

saurabdixit
Hello Everyone,
               I have saved scenes of the robot positioned in specific joint angles in .dae(collada) file. I want to convert those files in stl files is there any way I can do it. I tried it using meshlab, but meshlab doesn't handle collada files properly.

Here is image of the robot in openrave:

Here is image of the robot in meshlab:

Does anyone have any ideas about it?

Regards,

Saurabh

Re: How to convert collada file to stl files?

Dear Saurabh,

What we usually do is get the triangle mesh of each of the links using KinBody.Link.GetCollisionData and then write using the STL format (which is ridiculously simple). here's an example in python

https://github.com/ctada/napCAD/blob/master/stlwriter.py

best,

Hello Everyone,
               I have saved scenes of the robot positioned in specific joint
angles in .dae(collada) file. I want to convert those files in stl files is
there any way I can do it. I tried it using meshlab, but meshlab doesn't
handle collada files properly.

Here is image of the robot in openrave:
<http://openrave-users-list.185357.n3.nabble.com/file/n4027596/dae_in_openrave.png>

Here is image of the robot in meshlab:
<http://openrave-users-list.185357.n3.nabble.com/file/n4027596/dae_file_meshlab.png>

Does anyone have any ideas about it?

Regards,

Saurabh

Re: How to convert collada file to stl files?

saurabdixit
Thanks Rosen, I was looking for  some non-programming approach for this problem but that works.

Thanks again,

Saurabh