How to create two degrees of freedom in OPENRave?

How to create two degrees of freedom in OPENRave?

Sandra24
Hi, I need to set as 2DOF the joint that is in the red circle, one axis on X other axis for Z, but "universal" and "hinge2" not work, you could do?

Re: How to create two degrees of freedom in OPENRave?

baxelrod
I have also not had any luck with "universal" and "hinge2" type joints in OpenRave.  I forget the specifics, but I think they break ikfast.  To work around the issue, I simply made 2 regular "hinge" joints with a zero length virtual link between them.

Hope that helps,
-Ben

Hi, I need to set as 2DOF the joint that is in the red circle, one axis on X other axis for Z, but "universal" and "hinge2" not work, you could do?

<http://openrave-users-list.185357.n3.nabble.com/file/n4027276/elbrazo.png>

Dive into the World of Parallel Programming The Go Parallel Website, sponsored by Intel and developed in partnership with Slashdot Media, is your hub for all things parallel software development, from weekly thought leadership blogs to news, videos, case studies, tutorials and more. Take a look and join the conversation now. http://goparallel.sourceforge.net/