Quantcast

IK Problem

tiagomarques
Greetings,

First off i'm relatively new to openrave. I started using this tool with the hope it will help me in the motion planning and grasping simulation of a real life environment, i have to create for my project.

Now to my problem. I have currently managed to successfully define the robot (MH6S from motoman) i will use, in an openrave xml file. I have also created the simulation environment and connected the robot to the barrett hand which comes with openrave.
I'm currently trying to apply my environment in the small simulation examples, like the testing a grasp example. Immediately after runnng the example i got this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "testplugin.py", line 15, in <module>
    validgrasps, validindicees = gmodel.computeValidGrasps(returnnum=1)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_/databases/grasping.py", line 780, in computeValidGrasps
    if self.manip.GetIkSolver().Supports(IkParameterization.Type.Transform6D):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'Supports'

After some search, i found out that i need to load the inversekinematics model. After generating the kinematics files, i linked them in the xml (i don't know if it's the right way to do it).Now i have the following error which i was not able to solve so far:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "testplugin.py", line 16, in <module>
    gmodel.moveToPreshape(validgrasps[0])
IndexError: list index out of range

If someone could help me i would be grateful.

Best regards,

Tiago Marques