Quantcast

IK with an arm >7 DOFs

kpax
This post was updated on .
Hello everybody,

For my thesis, I need an arm with several DoFs (>7). So I created an arm using some xml as example. But I face a problem, I have an error when I try to generate the ikmodel.

>> freejoints = [0,3,5]
ikmodel = databases.inversekinematics.InverseKinematicsModel(robot,iktype=IkParameterization.Type.Transform6D,freejoints=freejoints)
if not ikmodel.load():
    ikmodel.autogenerate()

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/spyderlib/widgets/externalshell/sitecustomize.py", line 487, in runfile
    execfile(filename, namespace)
  File "/home/skynet/Documents/Dev/Python/2014_BayesFilterIK/Cas_difficile_comp_inversekinematics.py", line 113, in <module>
    ikmodel.autogenerate()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_/databases/inversekinematics.py", line 599, in autogenerate
    self.generate(iktype=iktype,freejoints=freejoints,precision=precision,forceikbuild=forceikbuild,outputlang=outputlang,ipython=ipython)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_/databases/inversekinematics.py", line 838, in generate
    objectfiles = compiler.compile(sources=[platformsourcefilename],macros=[('IKFAST_CLIBRARY',1),('IKFAST_NO_MAIN',1)],extra_postargs=compile_flags,output_dir=output_dir)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/distutils/ccompiler.py", line 574, in compile
    self._compile(obj, src, ext, cc_args, extra_postargs, pp_opts)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/distutils/unixccompiler.py", line 122, in _compile
    raise CompileError, msg
distutils.errors.CompileError: command 'cc' failed with exit status 1
>>> stargs, pp_opts)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/distutils/unixccompiler.py", line 122, in _compile
    raise CompileError, msg
distutils.errors.CompileError: command 'cc' failed with exit status 1

If I change the freejoints, it is possible to generate an ikmodel but the results are really strange if I want to reach a target with the arm and it doesn't take into account the collisions. I don't know how to proceed in order to resolve this problem. Maybe it is coming from my xml but I am not sure and I really need some help.

Thank you.

Test_arm.xml

Re: IK with an arm >7 DOFs

Bahram Maleki-Fard
Hi,

I don't know about the freejoints, but I see that your robot consists of cylinders. ODE doesn't support cylinder-cylinder collision by default:
http://ode-wiki.org/wiki/index.php?title=Manual:_Collision_Detection#fn_1-3

You need to compile ODE again with "--with-libccd", which uses libccd for cylinder-cylinder collision.
Maybe that resolves the problem already :)

Cheers,
Bahram