Quantcast

IKFast

repe
Hi all,

I just recently discovered Openrave and was extremely impressed by it's ability to generate inverse kinematics. However, I'm now unable to get IKfast to work with my 5DoF robot:

$ openrave.py --database inversekinematics --robot=di_simplified.xml --iktype=translationdirection5d
(...)
openravepy.ikfast.CannotSolveError: CannotSolveError: raghavan roth equations too complex

My robot - in openrave.xml - is attached. It's pretty simple, 4 hinges and one slider, there is an offset in one joint.

I was wondering if am I asking too much from IKfast, or is there something wrong in my robot, or am I doing something else wrong here? I'm total newbie with Openrave, sorry...

Br,
Janne V

di_simplified.xml (5K) Download Attachment