IKParameterization groups with multiple manipulators

IKParameterization groups with multiple manipulators

Michael Koval
Hi Rosen,

I'd like to store Cartesian end-effector trajectories in the
GenericTrajectory class, e.g. so I can use WorkspaceTrajectoryTracker
to lift a workspace trajectory into C-space. It looks like the
intended way of doing this is to create an "ikparam_values" group of
type Transform6D. (This is what you do in the pr2_turnlever example.)

However, I can't figure out how to extend this to a robot with
multiple manipulators. Is there any way to embed the name in the
ikparam_values group? I am also surprised that the group doesn't
contain the robot name, since that information is included in joint
and affine groups. Is this intentional?

Thanks,
-Michael

Re: IKParameterization groups with multiple manipulators

we can easily extend the format to be

ikparam_values [iktype] [robotname] [manipname]

for now try adding robotname and manipname to the group name. i think the rest of the system should work without a problem. if there's any openrave functions that need to differentiate, then let's discuss it.

best,

I'd like to store Cartesian end-effector trajectories in the
GenericTrajectory class, e.g. so I can use WorkspaceTrajectoryTracker
to lift a workspace trajectory into C-space. It looks like the
intended way of doing this is to create an "ikparam_values" group of
type Transform6D. (This is what you do in the pr2_turnlever example.)

However, I can't figure out how to extend this to a robot with
multiple manipulators. Is there any way to embed the name in the
ikparam_values group? I am also surprised that the group doesn't
contain the robot name, since that information is included in joint
and affine groups. Is this intentional?

Thanks,
-Michael

Re: IKParameterization groups with multiple manipulators

Michael Koval
That sounds great. The only function I'm currently using is:

ConfigurationSpecification::ExtractIkParameterization

To cover all of the bases, it should be able to filter by robot,
manipulator, and/or type of IkParameterization.

It also seems like we should update or add a convenience function to
make this type of ConfigurationSpecification. Either by adding more
arguments to
IkParameterization::GetConfigurationSpecificationFromType or adding a
new Manipulator::GetIkConfigurationSpecification function that mirrors
Manipulator::GetArmConfigurationSpecification. Which do you prefer?

Thanks,
-Michael