Importing and Using D-H parameters

kayse117
Hello Again!
I have a few quick questions:

Mission: I am attempting to make a program that accepts user defined DH parameters from an external file either .txt,.py or.cfg.

Just to help get my feet out of the door:

1) Is there a recommended method for importing DH parameters?

2) Does openrave have a command to obtain link transform matrices?

Re: Importing and Using D-H parameters

what's up!

yes, the recommended way of importing DH parameters is to create a robot programatically using the LinkInfo and JoinInfo structures. For example, check out:

http://www.openrave.org/docs/latest_stable/tutorials/openravepy_examples/#creating-custom-kinematics-body

yes, you can obtain link matrices by:

for link in robot.GetLinks():
    link.GetTransform()

You can also get the DH parameters of a robot using

planningutils.GetDHParameters(robot)

good luck,

2013/10/6 kayse117 <[hidden email]>
Hello Again!
I have a few quick questions:

Mission: I am attempting to make a program that accepts user defined DH
parameters from an external file either .txt,.py or.cfg.

Just to help get my feet out of the door:

1) Is there a recommended method for importing DH parameters?

2) Does openrave have a command to obtain link transform matrices?

Re: Importing and Using D-H parameters

baxelrod

A few more questions regarding DH parameters in OpenRAVE:

Can you clarify which DH parameter convention you use?

I tried to run the example in the link below, but got errors like this:

NameError: name 'GeometryType' is not defined

AttributeError: type object 'KinBody' has no attribute 'LinkInfo'

AttributeError: type object 'KinBody' has no attribute 'JointInfo'

I am using version 0.8.2

Also, I don’t follow in the example how to create an arm with DH parameters.

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Axelrod

Sr. Robotics Software Engineer

iRobot Corporation

8 Crosby Drive, M/S 8-1

Bedford, MA 01730

(781) 430-3315

[hidden email]

Re: Importing and Using D-H parameters

anton
I had the same errors (like "NameError: name 'GeometryType' is not defined").
You need to update your OpenRave to 0.9.0.