Installation of Openrave in Mac OS 10.6.4

Installation of Openrave in Mac OS 10.6.4

deepakv158
Hi,
     I have been trying to install openrave in my mac but I have no idea of how to get it to work. I tried the online tutorials and also the installation procedures given online but in vain. Since I am new here, could anybody help me out on this to get started.?
Thank you
Best
Deepak

Re: Installation of Openrave in Mac OS 10.6.4

hi Deepak,

it would greatly help if you told us the exact commands you entered
and the error messages you are getting.

rosen,

2010/8/29 deepakv158 <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>     I have been trying to install openrave in my mac but I have no idea of
> how to get it to work. I tried the online tutorials and also the
> installation procedures given online but in vain. Since I am new here, could
> anybody help me out on this to get started.?
> Thank you
> Best
> Deepak

Re: Installation of Openrave in Mac OS 10.6.4

deepakv158
Dear Rosen,
                 After following the instructions provided in the link http://openrave.programmingvision.com/ordocs/en/html/installation_macosx.html
* I tried the following command in the terminal
           sudo port install cmake boost libxml2 glew octave

But it says 'command not found'. What should I do???

Thanks

Re: Installation of Openrave in Mac OS 10.6.4

hi Deepak,

you should make sure you have the 'port' and 'sudo' programs installed

hey rosen,
               i searched for installation of port and sudo programs but it seems like its asking for files like Xcode, and since i am new to this development software, i have to sign up for some issues with apple. Am i going in the right direction?

Re: Installation of Openrave in Mac OS 10.6.4

Hi Deepak,

Because there is on official Mac OSX binaries for openrave, you will
have to do quite a bit of compiling. Therefore, it is necessary to
install Mac OSX development environment along with boost, python, etc

hope all goes well,
rosen,

2010/8/29 deepakv158 <[hidden email]>:

> hey rosen,
>               i searched for installation of port and sudo programs but it
> seems like its asking for files like Xcode, and since i am new to this
> development software, i have to sign up for some issues with apple. Am i
> going in the right direction?

Re: Installation of Openrave in Mac OS 10.6.4

deepakv158
hi rosen,
            thanks for your help. I really hope everything goes well.

Regards
Deepak