Quantcast

Inverse Kinematics Database: Repeated Hash

Inverse Kinematics Database: Repeated Hash

fsuarez6
This post was updated on .
Hi everyone,

I have two 7 DOF arms and want to generate the inverse kinematics database for both of them.

The problem is that for the two robots openrave is giving the same hash.

This are the two .dae files of my robots:
left_arm: https://gist.github.com/fsuarez6/7487632d3743e0ffafca
right_arm: https://gist.github.com/fsuarez6/3527e32119569305fe69

These are the .robot.xml files:

left_arm.robot.xml
<Robot name="left_arm" file="left_arm.dae">
  <Manipulator name="left_arm">
    <base>left_arm_mount</base>
    <effector>left_gripper</effector>
  </Manipulator>
</Robot>

right_arm.robot.xml
<Robot name="right_arm" file="right_arm.dae">
  <Manipulator name="right_arm">
    <base>right_arm_mount</base>
    <effector>right_gripper</effector>
  </Manipulator>
</Robot>

When I run this two commands:

$ openrave.py --database inversekinematics --robot=right_arm.robot.xml --manipname=right_arm --freejoint=right_w1
$ openrave.py --database inversekinematics --robot=left_arm.robot.xml --manipname=left_arm --freejoint=left_w1

The result is the same:

openravepy.databases.inversekinematics: generate, creating ik file /home/fsuarez/.openrave/kinematics.2fa3c51a706f72bc3f74fcb7a0557996/ikfast61.Transform6D.0_1_2_3_4_6_f5.cpp

So, the 2nd command will override the 1st one. Has anyone run into the same problem?

Thanks in advance

Re: Inverse Kinematics Database: Repeated Hash

Bahram Maleki-Fard
I guess that's because they are the exact same robot, except the names.
Geometry is the same, and they use the same arm.
Are you running into troubles using IK for one arm after generating Ik
for the other?

Cheers,
Bahram