Kinematics in Openrave

shankar10
Hello,

I exported a file from solidworks using the collada plugin. I am trying to create joints for the file. After exporting the files, all the parts of the .dae files are non-kinematic. Is there a tutorial I can follow in order to create joints.

Thanks

Re: Kinematics in Openrave

hmm..... it looks like solidworks doesn't export the kinematics
information. perhaps they can still be recoverable, can you send us
the resulting DAE file?

if you can export the individual links, then it is possible to define
your robot with openrave xml

http://openrave.programmingvision.com/wiki/index.php/Format:XML

after that, you can export it to collada

rosen,

2013/3/12 shankar10 <[hidden email]>:

> Hello,
>
> I exported a file from solidworks using the collada plugin. I am trying to
> create joints for the file. After exporting the files, all the parts of the
> .dae files are non-kinematic. Is there a tutorial I can follow in order to
> create joints.
>
> Thanks

Re: Kinematics in Openrave

shankar10
ROBOTIQ_S-MODEL.dae

I had a .x_t file of the the model. I converted it to stl and then I exported the stl file as a .iv file. Then I created an xml file and basically rendered the model using the .iv files. I attached the links by trial and error. I am not sure if the the model will analayse collisions properly because of the way I attached the joint. I don't follow how the axis for the joints should be defined. I have attached the .dae file and the xml file i was working on.

PS: the xml file is not complete I only finished one finger.ROBOTIQ_S.xml

Re: Kinematics in Openrave

hmm.... it looks like you are taking a pretty long-winded approach.
also, i don't see any joint axes/constraints declared in the DAE file you sent.
perhaps you'll have better luck finishing the XML file.
just finish the XML first without worrying about the coupled joints.
after that, please send it over to this list and attach the robotiq
documentation for the coupled joints. if the equations are simple, it
should be easy to add the coupling effects.

rosen,

2013/3/19 shankar10 <[hidden email]>:

> ROBOTIQ_S-MODEL.dae
> <http://openrave-users-list.185357.n3.nabble.com/file/n4026187/ROBOTIQ_S-MODEL.dae>
>
> I had a .x_t file of the the model. I converted it to stl and then I
> exported the stl file as a .iv file. Then I created an xml file and
> basically rendered the model using the .iv files. I attached the links by
> trial and error. I am not sure if the the model will analayse collisions
> properly because of the way I attached the joint. I don't follow how the
> axis for the joints should be defined. I have attached the .dae file and the
> xml file i was working on.
>
> PS: the xml file is not complete I only finished one finger. ROBOTIQ_S.xml
> <http://openrave-users-list.185357.n3.nabble.com/file/n4026187/ROBOTIQ_S.xml>

Re: Kinematics in Openrave

shankar10
ROBOTIQ_S.xml

I am attaching the robotiq gripper I made using xml. I don;t have any documentation for the coupled joints.

Shankar

Re: Kinematics in Openrave

shankar10

Re: Kinematics in Openrave

Franks
did i miss the approach to importing my own STL robot design into openRave/IKfast?