LibPQP

Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda
Hi,

openrave uses PQP as collision detection library. We are beginning to use
solid [1], the 3.5.6 version that is gpl.

I would like to ask about to deprecate it in favor of Solid. In previous mail,
Rosen commented about to "lose weight" the core in favor of plugins.

I don't know how exactly is working openrave, but PQP needs triangle mesh, so
all the solids that you have in the input should be "triangulated" in a way
to use PQP. Solid has similar primitives that VRML so this step could be
improved. What do you think about it?

Regards,

Leo

[1] http://www.dtecta.com

Re: LibPQP

Rosen Diankov-2
Hi Leo,

I've always talked about having a collision detection plugin, that way we don't have to sacrifice any potential collision library. Currently openrave is setup to have multiple collision detectors via EnviromentBase::SetCollisionChecker, but you will have to edit the core code everytime you add a new one. For the moment, we can add Solid as yet another option for users to choose from.

rosen,