The 0.2.13 release separates the global OpenRAVE state from the
environment state. The main reason for this move was for better
management of multiple environments and for a new upcoming
ROSEnvironment class that will integrate better with the ROS package
More specifically, the new global state
- manages plugins/interfaces
- allows users to better manage multiple environments
- manages debug levels
- fixes many race conditions by organizing destruction order of all
- allows destruction of entire OpenRAVE state and all resources using
a single call: RaveDestroy. These changes fix all thrown exceptions
when a program exits.
- OpenRAVE is initialized by first calling RaveInitialize, independent
of the environment.
All the global functions are prefixed with Rave*. A list is available here: