OpenRAVE 0.3.2 Plugin for Bullet Collision/Physics

OpenRAVE 0.3.2 Plugin for Bullet Collision/Physics

scotta
I'm trying to query the closest points between two robots, so I started
with the the collision example (openrave.py --example collision)

It reports that PQP is not available. What do I install to enable PQP ?

move the robots to update the closest distance
current checker does not support distance, switching to pqp...
[plugindatabase.h:501] Failed to create name pqp, interface collisionchecker
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/openrave.py", line 128, in <module>
    example.run(args=args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/openravepy_ext.py", line 32, in newfn
    return fn(*args,**kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/examples/collision.py", line 129, in run
    main(env,options)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/examples/collision.py", line 101, in main
    collisionChecker.SetCollisionOptions(CollisionOptions.Distance|CollisionOptions.Contacts)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'SetCollisionOptions'

Re: OpenRAVE 0.3.2 Plugin for Bullet Collision/Physics

Hi Scott,

Unfortunately, PQP has a non-commercial license, so we cannot
distribute it in the official openrave packages. You can always
download the sources and install from there if you really need PQP.

If you have any recommendations for an alternative distance query
library, please tell us.
rosen,

2011/6/22 scotta <[hidden email]>:

> I'm trying to query the closest points between two robots, so I started
> with the the collision example (openrave.py --example collision)
>
> It reports that PQP is not available. What do I install to enable PQP ?
>

> move the robots to update the closest distance
> current checker does not support distance, switching to pqp...
> [plugindatabase.h:501] Failed to create name pqp, interface collisionchecker
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/bin/openrave.py", line 128, in <module>
>    example.run(args=args)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/openravepy_ext.py", line
> 32, in newfn
>    return fn(*args,**kwargs)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/examples/collision.py",
> line 129, in run
>    main(env,options)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/examples/collision.py",
> line 101, in main
>
> collisionChecker.SetCollisionOptions(CollisionOptions.Distance|CollisionOptions.Contacts)
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'SetCollisionOptions'

Re: OpenRAVE 0.3.2 Plugin for Bullet Collision/Physics

Tavo
Hi Rosen,

I have a similar problem since I am trying to use PQP for calculating the distance to objects.

I downloaded PQP, make it and got the libpqp.a library. So I copy it to

/usr/share/openrave-0.4/plugins/ but the error remains:

[plugindatabase.h:539] Failed to create name pqp, interface collisionchecker

when trying to execute the example

openrave.py --example collision

Thank you in advance,

Tavo

Re: OpenRAVE 0.3.2 Plugin for Bullet Collision/Physics

Dear Tavo,

You'll have to download the openrave sources and build openrave to get
the pqp solver plugin.

Unfortunately pqp is not open-source, so we do not have permission to
distribute it through the ubuntu repositories. Even though the pqp
sources can be downloaded with openrave, anyone that is using the pqp
plugin should follow the license guidelines of pqp itself.

If you know any open-source alternatives to PQP for distance queries,
please tell us.

thank you,
rosen,

2011/10/4 Tavo <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Rosen,
>
> I have a similar problem since I am trying to use PQP for calculating the
> distance to objects.
>
> I downloaded PQP, make it and got the libpqp.a library. So I copy it to
>
> /usr/share/openrave-0.4/plugins/ but the error remains:
>
> [plugindatabase.h:539] Failed to create name pqp, interface collisionchecker
>
> when trying to execute the example
>
> openrave.py --example collision
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Tavo

PQP shows an error with BaseManipulation (MoveToHandPosition)

Tavo
Dear Rosen,

Thank you very much for your kind support! I built openrave sources as you suggested and it worked!

Now I have a different problem. I can use PQP for distance queries:

if not env.GetCollisionChecker().SetCollisionOptions(CollisionOptions.Distance|CollisionOptions.Contacts):
        print 'current checker does not support distance, switching to pqp...'
        collisionChecker = RaveCreateCollisionChecker(env,'pqp')
        collisionChecker.SetCollisionOptions(CollisionOptions.Distance|CollisionOptions.Contacts)
        env.SetCollisionChecker(collisionChecker)
report = CollisionReport()

contacts = []
    with env:
      check = env.CheckCollision(robot, body1, report=report)
      print 'mindist: ',report.minDistance
      contacts += report.contacts
    handles = [env.drawlinestrip(points=numpy.array((c.pos,c.pos-c.depth*c.norm)), linewidth=3.0, colors=numpy.array((1,0,0,1))) for c in contacts]

and it works fine but when I try to call the planner it says:

File "./collision01.py", line 230, in <module>
    res = basemanip.MoveToHandPosition(matrices=[Tgoal],seedik=10) # call motion planner with goal joint angles
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_/interfaces/BaseManipulation.py", line 164, in MoveToHandPosition
    res = self.prob.SendCommand(cmd)
RuntimeError: openrave (Failed): CollisionCheckerPQP::DoPQP - ERROR: YOU MUST PASS IN A CollisionReport STRUCT TO MEASURE DISTANCE!

So I don't know how to pass the CollisionReport in this case. What I want to do is to get the distance to an object while the robot is moving.

Thank you and best regards,
Tavo

Re: PQP shows an error with BaseManipulation (MoveToHandPosition)

hi Tavo,

when you call a planner, you need to disable the distance queries. You
can do this by calling

env.GetCollisionChecker().SetCollisionOptions(0)

rosen,

2011/10/11 Tavo <[hidden email]>:

> Dear Rosen,
>
> Thank you very much for your kind support! I built openrave sources as you
> suggested and it worked!
>
> Now I have a different problem. I can use PQP for distance queries:
>
> if not
> env.GetCollisionChecker().SetCollisionOptions(CollisionOptions.Distance|CollisionOptions.Contacts):
>        print 'current checker does not support distance, switching to
> pqp...'
>        collisionChecker = RaveCreateCollisionChecker(env,'pqp')
>
> collisionChecker.SetCollisionOptions(CollisionOptions.Distance|CollisionOptions.Contacts)
>        env.SetCollisionChecker(collisionChecker)
> report = CollisionReport()
>
> contacts = []
>    with env:
>      check = env.CheckCollision(robot, body1, report=report)
>      print 'mindist: ',report.minDistance
>      contacts += report.contacts
>    handles =
> [env.drawlinestrip(points=numpy.array((c.pos,c.pos-c.depth*c.norm)),
> linewidth=3.0, colors=numpy.array((1,0,0,1))) for c in contacts]
>
> and it works fine but when I try to call the planner it says:
>
> File "./collision01.py", line 230, in <module>
>    res = basemanip.MoveToHandPosition(matrices=[Tgoal],seedik=10) # call
> motion planner with goal joint angles
>  File
> "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_/interfaces/BaseManipulation.py",
> line 164, in MoveToHandPosition
>    res = self.prob.SendCommand(cmd)
> RuntimeError: openrave (Failed): CollisionCheckerPQP::DoPQP - ERROR: YOU
> MUST PASS IN A CollisionReport STRUCT TO MEASURE DISTANCE!
>
> So I don't know how to pass the CollisionReport in this case. What I want to
> do is to get the distance to an object while the robot is moving.
>
> Thank you and best regards,
> Tavo

Re: OpenRAVE 0.3.2 Plugin for Bullet Collision/Physics

behrooz
I have a similar problem with OpenRAVE 0.9.0
I just cloned the latest_stable branch from github, compiled and installed the code.
After running openrave.py --example collision, I get the same error.
I also downloaded PQP source from here and compiled the code (but did not add anything to PATH). But, the error is still the same (copied below).
Any help is really appreciated.

(some lines are removed)
current checker does not support distance, switching to pqp...
[plugindatabase.h:577] Failed to create name pqp, interface collisionchecker
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/openrave.py", line 149, in <module>
    example.run(args=args)
  File "/home/behrooz/anaconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_0_9/openravepy_ext.py", line 64, in newfn
    return fn(*args,**kwargs)
  File "/home/behrooz/anaconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_0_9/examples/collision.py", line 129, in run
    OpenRAVEGlobalArguments.parseAndCreateThreadedUser(options,main,defaultviewer=True)
  File "/home/behrooz/anaconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_0_9/misc.py", line 237, in parseAndCreateThreadedUser
    SetViewerUserThread(env,viewername,lambda: userfn(env,options))
  File "/home/behrooz/anaconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_0_9/misc.py", line 99, in SetViewerUserThread
    userfn()
  File "/home/behrooz/anaconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_0_9/misc.py", line 237, in <lambda>
    SetViewerUserThread(env,viewername,lambda: userfn(env,options))
  File "/home/behrooz/anaconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_0_9/examples/collision.py", line 99, in main
    collisionChecker.SetCollisionOptions(CollisionOptions.Distance|CollisionOptions.Contacts)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'SetCollisionOptions'
[qtcoinrave.cpp:80] SoQt releasing all memory
Coin debug: socontexthandler_cleanup(): 549 context-bound resources not free'd before exit.
Segmentation fault (core dumped)