Quantcast

OpenRAVE for Creating Smooth Indoor Routing Graphs

OpenRAVE for Creating Smooth Indoor Routing Graphs

benst
Hello,

I have hundreds of CAD files, which are processed in several steps and stored in GeoServer (HTML map server).

So, as you may already have guessed, I'm not interested in robotic applications. I'm looking for a way to create a routing graph from 2D indoor building data - which in addition should also look good (e.g. no zig-zag lines, smooth corers, if possible).

Is OpenRAVE an option? And at which algorithms and examples should I look?

Best
Ben

PS: I resent this message, because it seemed to hung up during subscription to the mailing list.

Re: OpenRAVE for Creating Smooth Indoor Routing Graphs

baxelrod
It sounds like you might be better off using a more standard planning library such as OMPL (http://ompl.kavrakilab.org/), SBPL (http://www.sbpl.net/), CHOMP (http://wiki.ros.org/chomp_motion_planner), or similar.

I have hundreds of CAD files, which are processed in several steps and stored in GeoServer (HTML map server).

So, as you may already have guessed, I'm not interested in robotic applications. I'm looking for a way to create a routing graph from 2D indoor building data - which in addition should also look good (e.g. no zig-zag lines, smooth corers, if possible).

Is OpenRAVE an option? And at which algorithms and examples should I look?

Best
Ben

PS: I resent this message, because it seemed to hung up during subscription to the mailing list.

Open source business process management suite built on Java and Eclipse Turn processes into business applications with Bonita BPM Community Edition Quickly connect people, data, and systems into organized workflows Winner of BOSSIE, CODIE, OW2 and Gartner awards http://p.sf.net/sfu/Bonitasoft _______________________________________________