OpenRAVE install for windows

Jos Ansink
Hi,

I was wondering when the openrave install for windows will work aggain.
At my company we are currently investigating the use of openrave.
However we are running into a few problems.

Currently i'm running openrave under linux and i'm trying to make it work with matlab on a external windows pc.
However during compiling of openrave it cant find a matlab installation on the linux pc and skips the compilation of the c files for communication with matlab.
I thought that i could externaly compile the files on the windows pc (with matlab). But i can't seem to make it work.

With kind regards,

Jos

Deel je leukste foto's met je vrienden met Windows Live Photos

Re: OpenRAVE install for windows

Jos Ansink
Hi Rosen,

Thanks for adding windows support again!
After some trouble with vs 2008 express i got it working (with vs studio 2008).

Now i'm having trouble defining the OPENRAVE_DATA and OPENRAVE_PLUGINS variables.
If i add the lines below i get the following error.
OPENRAVE_PLUGINS
C:\Program Files\openrave\share\openrave\plugins:My\own\path

OPENRAVE_DATA
C:\Program Files\openrave\share\openrave:My\own\path

Y:\>openrave
[plugindatabase.h:170] Failed to create name ode, interface collisionchecker
[plugindatabase.h:170] Failed to create name bullet, interface collisionchecker
[plugindatabase.h:170] Failed to create name pqp, interface collisionchecker
[environment.h:137] failed to find any collision checker.
[plugindatabase.h:170] Failed to create name IKFast, interface probleminstance
[environment.h:1416] Failed to load IKFast problem
[plugindatabase.h:170] Failed to create name qtcoin, interface viewer
[openrave.cpp:489] failed to find an OpenRAVE viewer.

It seems that openrave does recognize the files. However openrave does not add the content during execution.
I also tried using ';' instead of ':' but this doesn't solve the problem...

Additionaly i have openrave installed on two systems at work and at home. At home i can load an environment from a directory that is not in OPENRAVE_DATA
. But at work this does'nt work. I have to put the environment file in the OPENRAVE_DATA dir to be able to load it via matlab. Where does this different behaviour come from?

Greetings,

Jos

Ontdek nu Windows phone. De smartphone van dit moment

Re: OpenRAVE install for windows

hi jos,

The problem is solved (r1052), the directory separator for Windows is now ';'

The reason you had problems was because you were using a different
drive letter, and the ':' separation lost that information.

rosen,

2009/12/18 Jos Ansink <[hidden email]>:

> [...]
>> > At my company we are currently investigating the use of openrave.
>> > However we are running into a few problems.
>> >
>> > Currently i'm running openrave under linux and i'm trying to make it
>> > work
>> > with matlab on a external windows pc.
>> > However during compiling of openrave it cant find a matlab installation
>> > on
>> > the linux pc and skips the compilation of the c files for communication
>> > with
>> > matlab.
>> > I thought that i could externaly compile the files on the windows pc
>> > (with
>> > matlab). But i can't seem to make it work.
>> >

>> > With kind regards,
>> >
>> > Jos
>> >
>> > ________________________________
>> > Deel je leukste foto's met je vrienden met Windows Live Photos

seanmason337
Hi all,

I'm am brand new to openRave and I am still having issues with installing and running an example scene. I have R1792 on windows XP with Visual Studios 2008. I have followed the installation on the WIKI (http://openrave.programmingvision.com/ordocs/en/html/installation_win.html) and have built everything in VS as described.

Now I would simply like to open an openRave environment and eventually control it through Matlab. Is my understanding that clicking the file "openrave.exe" in the"bin" folder would get things started. However this is the output from the command window:

[plugindatabase.h:382] Failed to create name ode, interface collisionchecker
[plugindatabase.h:382] Failed to create name bullet, interface collisionchecker
[plugindatabase.h:382] Failed to create name pqp, interface collisionchecker
[environment-core.h:146] failed to find any collision checker.
[plugindatabase.h:382] Failed to create name textserver, interface probleminstan
ce
[plugindatabase.h:382] Failed to create name qtcoin, interface viewer
[openrave.cpp:321] failed to find an OpenRAVE viewer.

It seems as though this thread says this problem has been fixed, yet that is the output I receive. Any help or ideas?

-Sean