Planner Parameters (_constraintfn)

Okal Billy
Hey All,

I am tweaking the parameters of my prm planners to openrave and I have a problem with passing the constraint function.
Basically I need to do something like this

class NewPlannerParameters : public PlannerBase::PlannerParameters
{
public:
    NewPlannerParameters() : _vConfigLowerLimit(1), _vConfigUpperLimit(5), _constraintfn() // this is the problem ... _bProcessingNP(false)
    {
       _vXMLParameters.push_back(...)
    }

    vector<dReal> _lowerLimit, _upperLimit;
    // then again the constrainfn problem
    // what should I do here.

///

Further, can the same contraintfn be serialized? If yes, hints?

Best Regards,

Billy Okal

sure vi is user friendly, its just particular about who to be friends with

Re: Planner Parameters (_constraintfn)

hi billy,

there is already a _constraintfn parameter defined in
PlannerParameters, which gets copied automatically through the
PlannerParameters::copy function. I'm not sure what your question
is......

In general, boost::function and other pointers to objects cannot be
serialized into XML unless you specifically write the code for it.
However, if you are just passing the PlannerParameters pointer
throughout the same process, you can overload the copy function and
explicitly copy that function (check out libopenrave.cpp to see how it
is done for the base parameters)

rosen,