Planning on combined configuration space

Planning on combined configuration space

huky78
This post was updated on .
I have a robotic arm attached to a base mobile robot and I would like to perform planning on the combined configuration space of the base and arm manipulator (combined robot).

As an example: I would like to specify waypoints for the end-effector to move from point A to point B. However since the distance A-B is much larger than the workspace, the base has to adjust the position of the robot so that the end effector can follow the specified waypoints along path A to B. Is it possible/feasible to do so? How would I go about doing that?

Any help would be appreciated.