Plugins and python

Franziska Zacharias
Hi again,

I'm using openrave  with python.

If I want to write my own plugin and access the functions via the
openrave python interface,
I just have to declare the connections in  ...python/interfaces/ as done
for the Basemanipulation plugin?

Or do I have to do something else as well.

Ciao
Franziska

Re: Plugins and python

hi Franziska,

You'll notice that the python interfaces offered just wrap the
ProblemInstance interfaces in openrave by passing in string commands
through SendCommand.

The easiest way to access the functions from python to your own plugin
is to overload the SendCommand function in your interface and have
python call that. It is not necessary to copy the interface structure,
but it might be a good starting point.

rosen,