Quantcast

Problem converting simple urdf file in collada

Problem converting simple urdf file in collada

Enrico
Hi all, I have a problem converting a very simple urdf file in collada (.dae) to use ikfast. I have a more complicated robot but I started to have this error even with a very simple urdf file:

   I/O error : No such file or directory
   I/O error : No such file or directory
   error : xmlNewTextWriterFilename : cannot open uri

   Document successfully written to prova.dae

but the prova.dae file does not exist. The prova.urdf file that I am trying to convert is:

   <robot name="prova">

   <link name="base_link" />
   <link name="link1"/>

   <joint name="j1" type="revolute">
     <parent link="base_link"/>
     <child link="link1"/>
     <origin rpy="0 0 0" xyz="0.0 0.0 0.0"/>
     <axis xyz="1 0 0"/>
     <limit effort="40" lower="-0.785" upper="0.785" velocity="3.1415"/>
   </joint>

   </robot>

so just pure kinematics. I am using ros indigo with openrave compiled from source (latest_stable branch). I am using the command:

   rosrun collada_urdf urdf_to_collada prova.urdf prova.dae

in the same folder of the urdf file. My machine is running Ubuntu 14.04. thanks for your help!
Ph.D. Student @ Italian Institute of Technology.

I have worked on: Lego Mindstorm, Aldebaran Nao, PAL REEM.
I am Working on: IIT COMAN.

"Well, I guess cyborgs like myself have a tendency to be paranoid about our origins." - Ghost in the Shell -