Problem using C++ API after manual installation

Problem using C++ API after manual installation

GaTt
Hi,

I tried to run the cppexamples included in the latest release, but unfortunately I always get exceptions when running the orloadviewer example. I either get an access violation on loading the scene or if I comment this line out, I get an std::bad_alloc exception when creating the viewer (ViewerBasePtr viewer = RaveCreateViewer(penv,viewername);).

If I use the python everything works like a charme and also running the openrave.exe makes no problems at all.

I had some troubles installing openrave as the boostpro setup is not working. Thus I manually copied the headers to include and the built boost files (v100_mt_1_44) to the lib folder.

I am using VS2010 on a Win7x64 machine.

Is there anything I can do (except reinstalling the VS2008 Version). Or did I miss something what the boostpro installer should have done?

I hope you can help me with this issue.
Kind regards,
Clemens

Re: Problem using C++ API after manual installation

GaTt
One small addition:

I tried openrave 0.9 and 0.8.2 in VC100 and VC90 and I get the same exception everywhere. When I run the compiled programm using compatibility for Windows 7, I can see an error message in the command window:
[plugindatabase.h:492] interface viewer name "" needs to start with a valid character

best regards