Problem with camera sensor viewer

Moslem Kazemi
Hi Rosen,

Just a follow up on this: I noticed that when I run the python script in netbeans the problem is less sever comparing to the time I run it from the command prompt! I am not sure what causes this  but it has not halt even once in netbeans....However, now I notice that when I open the camera sensor viewer, some of the geoms in the qtviewer (main openrave viewer) are lost but still I can see them in the camera sensor viewer!

I wonder if you have any quick/temporary solution to lessen the problems with camera sensor viewer?

Thanks,
--moslem.

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 4:47 PM, Rosen Diankov <[hidden email]> wrote:
hi moslem,
i wouldn't be surprised, soqt, qt4, and coin3d are very unstable
libraries. The testsensorcamera.py combines them with the Tkinter
python library, which I think calls gtk as the backend. In the end,
it's a big mess of threads fighting for the GUI ;0)

i'm at least hoping to replace qt4 and coin3d with openscenegraph+gtk

rosen,

2010/6/4 Moslem Kazemi <[hidden email]>:
> Hi Rosen,
> I am testing the robot model that I just created for our robotic arm with a
> camera sensor. I adapted the code testsensorcamera.py from openrave examples
> and just load my own environment/robot model with no other changes! It works
> almost fine .... However, sometimes when I run the code (without any
> changes) it gives me this error and the camera/sensor view halts and I have
> to close the viewer and camera view and run again! This happens from time to
> time .....
> Here is the error:
> Enter command (q-quit,c-capture image): error in background error handler:
> out of stack space (infinite loop?)
>     while executing
> "::tcl::Bgerror {out of stack space (infinite loop?)} {-code 1 -level 0
> -errorco
> de NONE -errorinfo {out of stack space (infinite loop?)
>     while execu..."
> Any suggestion?
> Thanks,
> --Moslem.

Re: Problem with camera sensor viewer

i've never really experienced missing geometries..... perhaps tkinter
and qt4 are a bad combination to begin with?
to the geometries flicker? or are they just gone? do you see a pattern
with missing geometries?
rosen,

2010/6/9 Moslem Kazemi <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Rosen,
> Just a follow up on this: I noticed that when I run the python script in
> netbeans the problem is less sever comparing to the time I run it from the
> command prompt! I am not sure what causes this  but it has not halt even
> once in netbeans....However, now I notice that when I open the camera sensor
> viewer, some of the geoms in the qtviewer (main openrave viewer) are lost
> but still I can see them in the camera sensor viewer!
> I wonder if you have any quick/temporary solution to lessen the problems
> with camera sensor viewer?
> Thanks,
> --moslem.
>
> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 4:47 PM, Rosen Diankov <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> hi moslem,
>> i wouldn't be surprised, soqt, qt4, and coin3d are very unstable
>> libraries. The testsensorcamera.py combines them with the Tkinter
>> python library, which I think calls gtk as the backend. In the end,
>> it's a big mess of threads fighting for the GUI ;0)
>>
>> i'm at least hoping to replace qt4 and coin3d with openscenegraph+gtk
>>
>> rosen,
>>
>> 2010/6/4 Moslem Kazemi <[hidden email]>:
>> > Hi Rosen,
>> > I am testing the robot model that I just created for our robotic arm
>> > with a
>> > camera sensor. I adapted the code testsensorcamera.py from openrave
>> > examples
>> > and just load my own environment/robot model with no other changes! It
>> > works
>> > almost fine .... However, sometimes when I run the code (without any
>> > changes) it gives me this error and the camera/sensor view halts and I
>> > have
>> > to close the viewer and camera view and run again! This happens from
>> > time to
>> > time .....
>> > Here is the error:
>> > Enter command (q-quit,c-capture image): error in background error
>> > handler:
>> > out of stack space (infinite loop?)
>> >     while executing
>> > "::tcl::Bgerror {out of stack space (infinite loop?)} {-code 1 -level 0
>> > -errorco
>> > de NONE -errorinfo {out of stack space (infinite loop?)
>> >     while execu..."
>> > Any suggestion?
>> > Thanks,
>> > --Moslem.

Re: Problem with camera sensor viewer

Moslem Kazemi
They are gone for good! No flickering! I have two other geometries with the same properties of the lost ones but at different positions and they are not gone! These are small cylinders with radius of 1cm and height of 2 cm. I increased the height and still they do not appear!

--Moslem.

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 9:43 PM, Rosen Diankov <[hidden email]> wrote:
i've never really experienced missing geometries..... perhaps tkinter
and qt4 are a bad combination to begin with?
to the geometries flicker? or are they just gone? do you see a pattern
with missing geometries?
rosen,

2010/6/9 Moslem Kazemi <[hidden email]>:
> Hi Rosen,
> Just a follow up on this: I noticed that when I run the python script in
> netbeans the problem is less sever comparing to the time I run it from the
> command prompt! I am not sure what causes this  but it has not halt even
> once in netbeans....However, now I notice that when I open the camera sensor
> viewer, some of the geoms in the qtviewer (main openrave viewer) are lost
> but still I can see them in the camera sensor viewer!
> I wonder if you have any quick/temporary solution to lessen the problems
> with camera sensor viewer?
> Thanks,
> --moslem.
>
> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 4:47 PM, Rosen Diankov <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> hi moslem,
>> i wouldn't be surprised, soqt, qt4, and coin3d are very unstable
>> libraries. The testsensorcamera.py combines them with the Tkinter
>> python library, which I think calls gtk as the backend. In the end,
>> it's a big mess of threads fighting for the GUI ;0)
>>
>> i'm at least hoping to replace qt4 and coin3d with openscenegraph+gtk
>>
>> rosen,
>>
>> 2010/6/4 Moslem Kazemi <[hidden email]>:
>> > Hi Rosen,
>> > I am testing the robot model that I just created for our robotic arm
>> > with a
>> > camera sensor. I adapted the code testsensorcamera.py from openrave
>> > examples
>> > and just load my own environment/robot model with no other changes! It
>> > works
>> > almost fine .... However, sometimes when I run the code (without any
>> > changes) it gives me this error and the camera/sensor view halts and I
>> > have
>> > to close the viewer and camera view and run again! This happens from
>> > time to
>> > time .....
>> > Here is the error:
>> > Enter command (q-quit,c-capture image): error in background error
>> > handler:
>> > out of stack space (infinite loop?)
>> >     while executing
>> > "::tcl::Bgerror {out of stack space (infinite loop?)} {-code 1 -level 0
>> > -errorco
>> > de NONE -errorinfo {out of stack space (infinite loop?)
>> >     while execu..."
>> > Any suggestion?
>> > Thanks,
>> > --Moslem.

Moslem Kazemi, Ph.D. candidate
Robotics: Motion Planning, Hardware, and Control
Smart Systems: Design and Integration
Simon Fraser University
http://sites.google.com/site/moslemk/

Re: Problem with camera sensor viewer

Moslem Kazemi
Hi rosen,

Just an update on this:

still I am experimenting with the sensor viewer the way implemented in testcamerasensor ....
I noticed that whenever in the python script I put a wait (or ask for a raw_input, maybe just a simple enter) after loading the environment and before attaching the sensor and loading the viewer, everything works just fine and I do not have any missing geometries either in the openrave viewer or the sensor viewer!

This may not be a solution but works for now ... and I am also working on the remote display through tcp/ip.