Quantcast

Problems with openrave 0.9

lixdhitrobot
Hi everyone. I have used Openrave 0.8.2 on ubuntu 11.10 for a long time. Recently my operating system was updated to Ubuntu 13.04, and I have installing openrave 0.9 from the testing PPA, ppa:openrave/testing. But I find that some previous programs running on openrave 0.8.2 do not work, it seems that the problem comes from the controller. I have also tested some examples of openrave 0.9, all of them have problems. For examples, both testphysics_diffdrive.py and testphysics_controller.py can not work correctly. the robot can not be controlled when the ODE is set. Xingdong Li

Re: Problems with openrave 0.9

lixdhitrobot
openrave.py --example hanoi also does not work.

Re: Problems with openrave 0.9

works for me...... can you output the console trace you are getting?

2013/12/26 lixdhitrobot <[hidden email]>
openrave.py --example hanoi also does not work.

Re: Problems with openrave 0.9

lixdhitrobot
Hi, Rosen,
the output of testphysics_diffdrive example is attached.

the robot does not move at all, it seems that there is no driver set to the joints

Xingdong

Re: Problems with openrave 0.9

lixdhitrobot
In openrave 0.8.2, I remember that IdealController can not simulate dynamics even if the ODE is set.

But, in openrave 0.9, gravity exists when IdealController is used.

Re: Problems with openrave 0.9

lixdhitrobot
The output of testphysics_controller.py:

the hand can not reach the position of hanoi

Re: Problems with openrave 0.9

lixdhitrobot
sorry, openrave.py --example hanoi works, it takes a few minutes to start move hanois.

But the examples using ODE(open dynamics engine) can not run correctly.

Thank you very much,  Rosen