Question about "IgnoreCustomFilters"

Vernan
Hi alll,

I read the following documentation:
http://openrave.org/docs/latest_stable/coreapihtml/namespaceOpenRAVE.html#ad059f603d760bcb2659a79c5af44fba0

What does "IgnoreCustomFilters" means here? What are the filters?
Does it still check for collisions? joint limits?

I measured the average speed of IK calculating and it seems that IgnoreCustomFilters is faster than "IgnoreEndEffectorCollisions".

Best regards,
vernan

Re: Question about "IgnoreCustomFilters"

Custom filters can be registered through the "RegisterCustomFilter" function in a ik solver:

http://openrave.org/docs/latest_stable/coreapihtml/classOpenRAVE_1_1IkSolverBase.html#a010a60511a2ae8769cf7ce50ce8152e6

if you haven't set a custom filter, then don't worry about that option.

2013/8/19 Vernan <[hidden email]>
Hi alll,

I read the following documentation:
http://openrave.org/docs/latest_stable/coreapihtml/namespaceOpenRAVE.html#ad059f603d760bcb2659a79c5af44fba0

What does "IgnoreCustomFilters" means here? What are the filters?
Does it still check for collisions? joint limits?

I measured the average speed of IK calculating and it seems that
IgnoreCustomFilters is faster than "IgnoreEndEffectorCollisions".

Best regards,
vernan

Re: Question about "IgnoreCustomFilters"

Vernan
Rosen, thank you for the answer!

It means that all other parameters are set by default, i.e., self-collision and joint limits of the robot will be checked?

Rosen Diankov wrote
Custom filters can be registered through the "RegisterCustomFilter"
function in a ik solver:

http://openrave.org/docs/latest_stable/coreapihtml/classOpenRAVE_1_1IkSolverBase.html#a010a60511a2ae8769cf7ce50ce8152e6

if you haven't set a custom filter, then don't worry about that option.

2013/8/19 Vernan <[hidden email]>

> Hi alll,
>
> I read the following documentation:
>
> http://openrave.org/docs/latest_stable/coreapihtml/namespaceOpenRAVE.html#ad059f603d760bcb2659a79c5af44fba0
>
> What does "IgnoreCustomFilters" means here? What are the filters?
> Does it still check for collisions? joint limits?
>
> I measured the average speed of IK calculating and it seems that
> IgnoreCustomFilters is faster than "IgnoreEndEffectorCollisions".
>
> Best regards,
> vernan

Re: Question about "IgnoreCustomFilters"

By default, inverse kinematics checks joint values, self-collisions, and custom filters. Unless specified with an option, it will not check environment collisions.

2013/8/20 Vernan <[hidden email]>
Rosen, thank you for the answer!

It means that all other parameters are set by default, i.e., self-collision
and joint limits of the robot will be checked?

Rosen Diankov wrote
> Custom filters can be registered through the "RegisterCustomFilter"
> function in a ik solver:
>
> http://openrave.org/docs/latest_stable/coreapihtml/classOpenRAVE_1_1IkSolverBase.html#a010a60511a2ae8769cf7ce50ce8152e6
>
> if you haven't set a custom filter, then don't worry about that option.
>

> 2013/8/19 Vernan &lt;

> alat@

> &gt;
>
>> Hi alll,
>>
>> I read the following documentation:
>>
>> http://openrave.org/docs/latest_stable/coreapihtml/namespaceOpenRAVE.html#ad059f603d760bcb2659a79c5af44fba0
>>
>> What does "IgnoreCustomFilters" means here? What are the filters?
>> Does it still check for collisions? joint limits?
>>
>> I measured the average speed of IK calculating and it seems that
>> IgnoreCustomFilters is faster than "IgnoreEndEffectorCollisions".
>>
>> Best regards,
>> vernan

Re: Question about "IgnoreCustomFilters"

Vernan
Got it. Thank you very much!

Rosen Diankov wrote