ROS laser publisher

Nick Hillier
Hi all,

I'm trying to visualise laser scan data from the openrave_sensors plugin
in rviz but have had some problems with the PointCloud2 data.

The standard Laser Scan data works fine, but when I try to view the
Point Cloud2 data, I get an error.

The message is "No position transformer available for cloud". The
transform status is "Transform OK". I haven't used the PointCloud2 data
type before, so my review of the plugin code wasn't helpful in trying to
debug this.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Nick

Re: [ExternalEmail] ROS laser publisher

Nick Hillier

I found the problem: the openrave plugin doesn't fill out the
PointCloud2 data structure as rviz expects. An example can be found here
in the convertPointCloudToPointCoud2() source code.

http://www.ros.org/doc/api/sensor_msgs/html/point__cloud__conversion_8cpp_source.html#l00052

Thanks to those that emailed me with some ideas to look for.
Nick