ROS openrave package no longer compiling

ROS openrave package no longer compiling

Nick Hillier
Hi,

A new checkout of openrave is failing to compile on a ROS system because it can't find the ode header:

$ rosmake -v openrave

[ 94%] Building CXX object plugins/oderave/CMakeFiles/oderave.dir/oderave.o
  In file included from /scratch/src/ros/openrave_planning/openrave/openrave_svn/plugins/oderave/oderave.cpp:15:
  /scratch/src/ros/openrave_planning/openrave/openrave_svn/plugins/oderave/plugindefs.h:138:21: error: ode/ode.h: No such file or directory

But it is available:

$ rosls opende/opende/include/ode/ode.h
/opt/ros/cturtle/stacks/physics_ode/opende/opende/include/ode/ode.h

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I had a look at the svn log for the FindODE.cmake file, but it hasn't changed in quite a while.

It compiles fine on systems that already have openrave installed and I've just done a 'make wipe', 'svn up', 'rosmake', but I can't get it to compile on new systems.

Nick Hillier
Research Scientist / Engineer
Autonomous Systems Lab | Information and Communication Technologies Centre

Re: ROS openrave package no longer compiling

hi nick,

can you confirm that `rospack find opende`/opende/bin/ode-config
exists? If yes, can you call it and confirm the libraries it gives are
in the right place:

rosrun opende ode-config --cflags

rosrun opende ode-config --libs

If everything is correct, can you add this line to
plugins/oderave/CMakeLists.txt:21

message(STATUS "ode includes: ${ODE_INCLUDE_DIRS}")

Then recompile openrave and send the output log.

rosen,

2010/10/19  <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> A new checkout of openrave is failing to compile on a ROS system because it can't find the ode header:
>
> $ rosmake -v openrave
>
> [ 94%] Building CXX object plugins/oderave/CMakeFiles/oderave.dir/oderave.o
>  In file included from /scratch/src/ros/openrave_planning/openrave/openrave_svn/plugins/oderave/oderave.cpp:15:
>  /scratch/src/ros/openrave_planning/openrave/openrave_svn/plugins/oderave/plugindefs.h:138:21: error: ode/ode.h: No such file or directory
>

> But it is available:
>
> $ rosls opende/opende/include/ode/ode.h
> /opt/ros/cturtle/stacks/physics_ode/opende/opende/include/ode/ode.h
>
> Any suggestions on how to fix this? I had a look at the svn log for the FindODE.cmake file, but it hasn't changed in quite a while.
>
> It compiles fine on systems that already have openrave installed and I've just done a 'make wipe', 'svn up', 'rosmake', but I can't get it to compile on new systems.
>

> Nick Hillier
> Research Scientist / Engineer
> Autonomous Systems Lab | Information and Communication Technologies Centre

Re: ROS openrave package no longer compiling

Nick Hillier
Thanks Rosen.

I have narrowed it down to an update to ROS that breaks the build. The
output of ode-config is wrong (see below).

I'll post a message on the ros user list and maybe add a ticket for the
willow-garage guys too. Any other suggestions?

$ rosrun opende ode-config --cflags
-I/tmp/buildd/ros-cturtle-physics-ode-1.2.5/debian/ros-cturtle-physics-ode/opt/ros/cturtle/stacks/physics_ode/opende/opende/include -DdDOUBLE
$ rosrun opende ode-config --libs
-Wl,-rpath,/tmp/buildd/ros-cturtle-physics-ode-1.2.5/debian/ros-cturtle-physics-ode/opt/ros/cturtle/stacks/physics_ode/opende/opende/lib -L/tmp/buildd/ros-cturtle-physics-ode-1.2.5/debian/ros-cturtle-physics-ode/opt/ros/cturtle/stacks/physics_ode/opende/opende/lib -lode

Regards,
Nick