RaveTransformMatrix

praveenv4k
Dear Rosen,

I have a small doubt. When I construct TransformMatrix from Transform using the constructor available(shown below) though the translation value is stored in TransformMatrix::trans, the value is not stored in the transformation matrix in indices TransformMatrix::m[3],TransformMatrix::m[7],TransformMatrix::m[11].
Are these values in the matrix and translation member not related?
Is it intentional?

>>template <typename T>
>>RaveTransformMatrix<T>::RaveTransformMatrix(const RaveTransform<T>& t)
>>{
>>    matrixFromQuat(*this, t.rot);
>>    trans = t.trans;
>>
>>}

Thanks
PraveenKumar

Re: RaveTransformMatrix

hi PraveenKumar,

Yes it is intentional. m[3],m[7], and m[11] are padded zeros to make
each row exactly 16 bytes so SIMD optimizations are possible. The
OpenRAVE Vector class itself is also 16 bytes regardless if it is
representing a 2D or 3D vector.

rosen,

2010/11/5 praveenv4k <[hidden email]>:

> Dear Rosen,
>
> I have a small doubt. When I construct TransformMatrix from Transform using
> the constructor available(shown below) though the translation value is
> stored in TransformMatrix::trans, the value is not stored in the
> transformation matrix in indices
> TransformMatrix::m[3],TransformMatrix::m[7],TransformMatrix::m[11].
> Are these values in the matrix and translation member not related?
> Is it intentional?
>
>>>template <typename T>
>>>RaveTransformMatrix<T>::RaveTransformMatrix(const RaveTransform<T>& t)
>>>{
>>>    matrixFromQuat(*this, t.rot);
>>>    trans = t.trans;
>>>
>>>}
>
> Thanks
> PraveenKumar

Re: RaveTransformMatrix

hi Praveenkumar,

Of course, this is actually a very common operation (ie planning). If
you lock the environment, it will prevent the viewer (or anyone for
that matter) from accessing and updating it. You'll still be using
SetActiveDOFs/SetDOFValues, but you can combine this with 'state
savers' in order to restore the robot state once you are done with
changing the robot. There are several tutorials in the docs that show
you how to do this.

rosen,