Re: OpenRAVE sensor questions

Rosen Diankov-2
Hi Raquel,

1) It is very easy to make a new SensorBase class that emulates a
flash lidar. You can do it if you want by looking at the current laser
examples, but I could also do it if you tell me the specifications of
the LIDAR.  Maybe we could meet in person..

2) try orBodyEnable(bodyid,0)  that should make it invisible

3) Yes there is, if you look inside the basesensors plugin,
EnvironmentBase::CheckCollision is called for every laser point. Just
pass in a COLLISIONREPORT structure and out will come the body it
collided with. But if you want to pass this information to matlab,
you'll have to make your own SensorBase class derving from the laser
to get the extra functionality.

4) Please send all future inquiries in the openrave-users list

Thanks,
Rosen,