Re: Robot files for the pR2

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Robot files for the pR2

Rosen Diankov
Administrator
hi pranav,

As of r1476, the pr2 robot model is in openrave and you generate its
ik through inversekinematics.py. for now there are two models:

robots/pr2-beta-static.robot.xml - kinematics + manipulators + sensor frames
robots/pr2-beta-sim.robot.xml - adds in simulated sensors

You can also create grasp sets for it using the grasping.py script.
We will be adding several simulation demos with the pr2 in the coming weeks.

i haven't looked at the newest versions of octave, are you using
rosoct for anything?

As for the .bashrc.ros file, you can see that the ROS_PACKAGE_PATH is
copied from  ~/ros/setup.sh, which was the auto-generated from
rosinstall. i'm sure WG thought a lot about the tradeoffs. Although i
agree it would be easier on specification, sometimes you might want to
switch certain packages (ie trunk vs official),

rosen,

2010/5/24 Pranav Shah <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Rosen,
>
> I was wondering if you have the robots xml files as well as forward
> and inverse kinematic files for Willow garage's PR2. I would like to
> do simulations in openrave using PR2.
>
> Also. recently I have been trying to use OpenRave with ROS. I followed
> the instructions on
> http://openrave.programmingvision.com/index.php/Installation for
> installing this system. However, I had certain issues while doing this
> which I would like to bring to your notice:
>
> 1. While making package rosoct, a compile error saying
> "resize_no_fill" not defined for objects of class uint8NDArray. This
> was at lines 455 and 582 in rosoct.cpp. Octave version 3.2 was
> installed. However, this error went away when "octave3.0-headers" were
> installed.
>
> 2. In the .bashrc.ros file ROS_PACKAGE_PATH had to be set to ~/ros
> rather than ~/ros/stack. The former allows rospack command to look for
> packages in directories
> wg-ros-pkg,ros-pkg-trunk,ros-pkg-externals,..etc and not just the
> stack directory.
>
> I would be happy to provide more info on these issues if needed.
>
> Regards,
> Pranav
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Openrave-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/openrave-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Robot files for the pR2

Julsonne Gandon
Hi Rosen,

I am interesting in the “Robot files for the pR2“ post.
The files pr2-beta-static.robot.xml and pr2-beta-sim.robot.xml refer to a Collada file
pr2-beta-static.dae. I would like to get some information on the creation of this Collada file.

I tried to generate a urdf description file with the command :
$ rosrun xacro xacro.py `rospack find pr2_description`/robots/pr2.urdf.xacro -o /tmp/pr2.urdf

and convert the file pr2.urdf to Collada with the package /collada_urdf.
I got a Collada 1.5 file pr2.dae but this file isn't really correct.
After I loaded the file in OpenRave environment, the joins and manipulators are correct but the initials position of the parts of the robot are wrong. The PR2 robot seems to be disassembled. Have I used the right solution to generate the Collada file ?

Regards,
Julsonne
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Robot files for the pR2

Rosen Diankov
Administrator
hi julsonne,

What version of the robot_model stack are you using? We fixed several
bugs with this conversion process in late May, so it should be in the
newest cturtle release. I actually use the trunk:

https://code.ros.org/svn/ros-pkg/stacks/robot_model/trunk

It would be great to know the versions of all the programs you are
running before we can narrow down this problem. I just tested the
conversion process without a problem.

rosen,

2010/8/2 Julsonne Gandon <[hidden email]>:

>
> Hi Rosen,
>
> I am interesting in the “Robot files for the pR2“ post.
> The files pr2-beta-static.robot.xml and pr2-beta-sim.robot.xml refer to a
> Collada file
> pr2-beta-static.dae. I would like to get some information on the creation of
> this Collada file.
>
> I tried to generate a urdf description file with the command :
> $ rosrun xacro xacro.py `rospack find pr2_description`/robots/pr2.urdf.xacro
> -o /tmp/pr2.urdf
>
> and convert the file pr2.urdf to Collada with the package /collada_urdf.
> I got a Collada 1.5 file pr2.dae but this file isn't really correct.
> After I loaded the file in OpenRave environment, the joins and manipulators
> are correct but the initials position of the parts of the robot are wrong.
> The PR2 robot seems to be disassembled. Have I used the right solution to
> generate the Collada file ?
>
> Regards,
> Julsonne
> --
> View this message in context: http://openrave-users-list.185357.n3.nabble.com/Re-Robot-files-for-the-pR2-tp839774p1016025.html
> Sent from the OpenRAVE Users List mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> The Palm PDK Hot Apps Program offers developers who use the
> Plug-In Development Kit to bring their C/C++ apps to Palm for a share
> of $1 Million in cash or HP Products. Visit us here for more details:
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/dev2dev-palm
> _______________________________________________
> Openrave-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/openrave-users
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Palm PDK Hot Apps Program offers developers who use the
Plug-In Development Kit to bring their C/C++ apps to Palm for a share
of $1 Million in cash or HP Products. Visit us here for more details:
http://p.sf.net/sfu/dev2dev-palm
_______________________________________________
Openrave-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/openrave-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Robot files for the pR2

Rosen Diankov
Administrator
Also, I forgot to mention that pr2-beta-static.dae is included in the
openrave distribution. You can find it in share/openrave/robots/

Once you install the latest openrave, just open
robots/pr2-beta-static.robot.xml, that should bring up the PR2 model.

rosen,

2010/8/2 Rosen Diankov <[hidden email]>:

> hi julsonne,
>
> What version of the robot_model stack are you using? We fixed several
> bugs with this conversion process in late May, so it should be in the
> newest cturtle release. I actually use the trunk:
>
> https://code.ros.org/svn/ros-pkg/stacks/robot_model/trunk
>
> It would be great to know the versions of all the programs you are
> running before we can narrow down this problem. I just tested the
> conversion process without a problem.
>
> rosen,
>
> 2010/8/2 Julsonne Gandon <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Hi Rosen,
>>
>> I am interesting in the “Robot files for the pR2“ post.
>> The files pr2-beta-static.robot.xml and pr2-beta-sim.robot.xml refer to a
>> Collada file
>> pr2-beta-static.dae. I would like to get some information on the creation of
>> this Collada file.
>>
>> I tried to generate a urdf description file with the command :
>> $ rosrun xacro xacro.py `rospack find pr2_description`/robots/pr2.urdf.xacro
>> -o /tmp/pr2.urdf
>>
>> and convert the file pr2.urdf to Collada with the package /collada_urdf.
>> I got a Collada 1.5 file pr2.dae but this file isn't really correct.
>> After I loaded the file in OpenRave environment, the joins and manipulators
>> are correct but the initials position of the parts of the robot are wrong.
>> The PR2 robot seems to be disassembled. Have I used the right solution to
>> generate the Collada file ?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Julsonne
>> --
>> View this message in context: http://openrave-users-list.185357.n3.nabble.com/Re-Robot-files-for-the-pR2-tp839774p1016025.html
>> Sent from the OpenRAVE Users List mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> The Palm PDK Hot Apps Program offers developers who use the
>> Plug-In Development Kit to bring their C/C++ apps to Palm for a share
>> of $1 Million in cash or HP Products. Visit us here for more details:
>> http://p.sf.net/sfu/dev2dev-palm
>> _______________________________________________
>> Openrave-users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/openrave-users
>>
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Palm PDK Hot Apps Program offers developers who use the
Plug-In Development Kit to bring their C/C++ apps to Palm for a share
of $1 Million in cash or HP Products. Visit us here for more details:
http://p.sf.net/sfu/dev2dev-palm
_______________________________________________
Openrave-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/openrave-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Robot files for the pR2

Julsonne Gandon
Thank you for your response.
I have the new version of package /collada_urdf but other packages of robot_model stack are probably too old. So I will test the latest version of the stack.
Yes I saw the pr2-beta-static.dae file in OpenRave distribution. I didn't understand because I didn't arrive to get the same Collada file as you.
My project is to test the Care-O-bot 3 robot in OpenRave, that's why I need to generate the Collada file. I think it's possible because the creation of the robot model should be the same as PR2 with the description stack.

Julsonne
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Robot files for the pR2

Rosen Diankov
Administrator
Hi Julsonne,

This is great to hear! If you are just concerned with testing things
out with openrave, for now I can run the conversion for you if you
send me the Care-O-bot urdf file. At least this will prove to you that
the tool works without having to upgrade your ros packages.

rosen,

2010/8/2 Julsonne Gandon <[hidden email]>:

>
> Thank you for your response.
> I have the new version of package /collada_urdf but other packages of
> robot_model stack are probably too old. So I will test the latest version of
> the stack.
> Yes I saw the pr2-beta-static.dae file in OpenRave distribution. I didn't
> understand because I didn't arrive to get the same Collada file as you.
> My project is to test the Care-O-bot 3 robot in OpenRave, that's why I need
> to generate the Collada file. I think it's possible because the creation of
> the robot model should be the same as PR2 with the description stack.
>
> Julsonne
> --
> View this message in context: http://openrave-users-list.185357.n3.nabble.com/Re-Robot-files-for-the-pR2-tp839774p1016336.html
> Sent from the OpenRAVE Users List mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> The Palm PDK Hot Apps Program offers developers who use the
> Plug-In Development Kit to bring their C/C++ apps to Palm for a share
> of $1 Million in cash or HP Products. Visit us here for more details:
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/dev2dev-palm
> _______________________________________________
> Openrave-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/openrave-users
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Palm PDK Hot Apps Program offers developers who use the
Plug-In Development Kit to bring their C/C++ apps to Palm for a share
of $1 Million in cash or HP Products. Visit us here for more details:
http://p.sf.net/sfu/dev2dev-palm
_______________________________________________
Openrave-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/openrave-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Robot files for the pR2

Julsonne Gandon
Hi Rosen, Thank you for your help. This is my Care-O-bot urdf file : cob3-sim.urdf You would check if the file has been correctly generated. Julsonne
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Robot files for the pR2

Rosen Diankov
Administrator
Hi Julsonne,

I was able to export the robot just fine (using the care-o-bot ros
stack). I'm attaching a zip file containing the dae file, the
corresponding openrave file that defines the manipulator and grasping
frames. I'm attaching an image of the cob3 in openrave.

Using the cob3-sim.robot.xml file, you can now generate grasp sets with:
openrave.py --database grasping --robot=cob3-sim.robot.xml

This takes 20-30 min. Once generated, you can view the grasps with:
openrave.py --database grasping --robot=cob3-sim.robot.xml --show

Here's a video of some of the 'good' grasps generated:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpe1POWhxBQ

This trains it with only one preshape, you could set more using the
--preshape command-line argument.

You can also generate analytical ik:
openrave.py --database inversekinematics --robot=cob3-sim.robot.xml

Combining these two components together, you can run simple grasp
planning with cob3 using the cob3mugs.env.xml environment in the files
attached:

openrave.py --example graspplanning --scene=cob3mugs.env.xml

Here's a video of what it looks like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXYjctPua1c

The path smoothing takes a long time for some reason (10-20s), so i
cut it out of the video. Also, you should set limits for your fingers
otherwise the 'open' grasp looks really funny (as shown in the video).

Before executing these commands, please update to the newest openrave
(wg-ros-pkg rxxx) as i just updated some stuff:

roscd openrave; svn up; make

About cob3-sim.robot.xml, note that i had to make
torso_lower_neck_tilt_link torso_tray_link 'adjacent' (meaning
collisions are ignored) because they are initially colliding and that
prevents the robot from moving.

rosen,

PS: It would be great if we have permission to put the care-o-bot 3 in
the openrave svn repo ;0)

2010/8/2 Julsonne Gandon <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Rosen, Thank you for your help. This is my Care-O-bot urdf file :
> cob3-sim.urdf You would check if the file has been correctly generated.
> Julsonne
> ________________________________
> View this message in context: Re: Robot files for the pR2
> Sent from the OpenRAVE Users List mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> The Palm PDK Hot Apps Program offers developers who use the
> Plug-In Development Kit to bring their C/C++ apps to Palm for a share
> of $1 Million in cash or HP Products. Visit us here for more details:
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/dev2dev-palm
> _______________________________________________
> Openrave-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/openrave-users
>
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Palm PDK Hot Apps Program offers developers who use the
Plug-In Development Kit to bring their C/C++ apps to Palm for a share
of $1 Million in cash or HP Products. Visit us here for more details:
http://p.sf.net/sfu/dev2dev-palm
_______________________________________________
Openrave-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/openrave-users

cob3openrave.tgz (456K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Robot files for the pR2

Rosen Diankov
Administrator
i forgot to attach a screenshot
rosen,

2010/8/2 Rosen Diankov <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Julsonne,
>
> I was able to export the robot just fine (using the care-o-bot ros
> stack). I'm attaching a zip file containing the dae file, the
> corresponding openrave file that defines the manipulator and grasping
> frames. I'm attaching an image of the cob3 in openrave.
>
> Using the cob3-sim.robot.xml file, you can now generate grasp sets with:
> openrave.py --database grasping --robot=cob3-sim.robot.xml
>
> This takes 20-30 min. Once generated, you can view the grasps with:
> openrave.py --database grasping --robot=cob3-sim.robot.xml --show
>
> Here's a video of some of the 'good' grasps generated:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpe1POWhxBQ
>
> This trains it with only one preshape, you could set more using the
> --preshape command-line argument.
>
> You can also generate analytical ik:
> openrave.py --database inversekinematics --robot=cob3-sim.robot.xml
>
> Combining these two components together, you can run simple grasp
> planning with cob3 using the cob3mugs.env.xml environment in the files
> attached:
>
> openrave.py --example graspplanning --scene=cob3mugs.env.xml
>
> Here's a video of what it looks like:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXYjctPua1c
>
> The path smoothing takes a long time for some reason (10-20s), so i
> cut it out of the video. Also, you should set limits for your fingers
> otherwise the 'open' grasp looks really funny (as shown in the video).
>
> Before executing these commands, please update to the newest openrave
> (wg-ros-pkg rxxx) as i just updated some stuff:
>
> roscd openrave; svn up; make
>
> About cob3-sim.robot.xml, note that i had to make
> torso_lower_neck_tilt_link torso_tray_link 'adjacent' (meaning
> collisions are ignored) because they are initially colliding and that
> prevents the robot from moving.
>
> rosen,
>
> PS: It would be great if we have permission to put the care-o-bot 3 in
> the openrave svn repo ;0)
>
> 2010/8/2 Julsonne Gandon <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi Rosen, Thank you for your help. This is my Care-O-bot urdf file :
>> cob3-sim.urdf You would check if the file has been correctly generated.
>> Julsonne
>> ________________________________
>> View this message in context: Re: Robot files for the pR2
>> Sent from the OpenRAVE Users List mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> The Palm PDK Hot Apps Program offers developers who use the
>> Plug-In Development Kit to bring their C/C++ apps to Palm for a share
>> of $1 Million in cash or HP Products. Visit us here for more details:
>> http://p.sf.net/sfu/dev2dev-palm
>> _______________________________________________
>> Openrave-users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/openrave-users
>>
>>
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Palm PDK Hot Apps Program offers developers who use the
Plug-In Development Kit to bring their C/C++ apps to Palm for a share
of $1 Million in cash or HP Products. Visit us here for more details:
http://p.sf.net/sfu/dev2dev-palm
_______________________________________________
Openrave-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/openrave-users

core-o-bot-openrave.jpg (281K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Robot files for the pR2

Rosen Diankov
Administrator
Just a note, it is possible to execute these scripts the ROS way
without putting openrave into your path (or python path) using:

rosrun openrave openrave.py ...

rosen,

2010/8/2 Rosen Diankov <[hidden email]>:

> i forgot to attach a screenshot
> rosen,
>
> 2010/8/2 Rosen Diankov <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi Julsonne,
>>
>> I was able to export the robot just fine (using the care-o-bot ros
>> stack). I'm attaching a zip file containing the dae file, the
>> corresponding openrave file that defines the manipulator and grasping
>> frames. I'm attaching an image of the cob3 in openrave.
>>
>> Using the cob3-sim.robot.xml file, you can now generate grasp sets with:
>> openrave.py --database grasping --robot=cob3-sim.robot.xml
>>
>> This takes 20-30 min. Once generated, you can view the grasps with:
>> openrave.py --database grasping --robot=cob3-sim.robot.xml --show
>>
>> Here's a video of some of the 'good' grasps generated:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpe1POWhxBQ
>>
>> This trains it with only one preshape, you could set more using the
>> --preshape command-line argument.
>>
>> You can also generate analytical ik:
>> openrave.py --database inversekinematics --robot=cob3-sim.robot.xml
>>
>> Combining these two components together, you can run simple grasp
>> planning with cob3 using the cob3mugs.env.xml environment in the files
>> attached:
>>
>> openrave.py --example graspplanning --scene=cob3mugs.env.xml
>>
>> Here's a video of what it looks like:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXYjctPua1c
>>
>> The path smoothing takes a long time for some reason (10-20s), so i
>> cut it out of the video. Also, you should set limits for your fingers
>> otherwise the 'open' grasp looks really funny (as shown in the video).
>>
>> Before executing these commands, please update to the newest openrave
>> (wg-ros-pkg rxxx) as i just updated some stuff:
>>
>> roscd openrave; svn up; make
>>
>> About cob3-sim.robot.xml, note that i had to make
>> torso_lower_neck_tilt_link torso_tray_link 'adjacent' (meaning
>> collisions are ignored) because they are initially colliding and that
>> prevents the robot from moving.
>>
>> rosen,
>>
>> PS: It would be great if we have permission to put the care-o-bot 3 in
>> the openrave svn repo ;0)
>>
>> 2010/8/2 Julsonne Gandon <[hidden email]>:
>>> Hi Rosen, Thank you for your help. This is my Care-O-bot urdf file :
>>> cob3-sim.urdf You would check if the file has been correctly generated.
>>> Julsonne
>>> ________________________________
>>> View this message in context: Re: Robot files for the pR2
>>> Sent from the OpenRAVE Users List mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>>
>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> The Palm PDK Hot Apps Program offers developers who use the
>>> Plug-In Development Kit to bring their C/C++ apps to Palm for a share
>>> of $1 Million in cash or HP Products. Visit us here for more details:
>>> http://p.sf.net/sfu/dev2dev-palm
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Openrave-users mailing list
>>> [hidden email]
>>> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/openrave-users
>>>
>>>
>>
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Palm PDK Hot Apps Program offers developers who use the
Plug-In Development Kit to bring their C/C++ apps to Palm for a share
of $1 Million in cash or HP Products. Visit us here for more details:
http://p.sf.net/sfu/dev2dev-palm
_______________________________________________
Openrave-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/openrave-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Robot files for the pR2

Julsonne Gandon
Hi Rosen,

I am very impressed with your results! That is so great! This is more than I expected.
The opening of the fingers is funny. However, I am a new user of OpenRave, I wanted first to test your virtual environment tool. I will discuss with my tutor about the openrave svn repo (I'm doing an internship) but I think it will pose no problem.
Thank you very much for your help.

Julsonne