Re: Unable to install openRAVE. Package catalog broken.

Re: Unable to install openRAVE. Package catalog broken.

Sbenaissa
Thanks you BaxeIrod,
I have another quetion about ceation of cartography using camera (camera localization).

Said Benaissa
PhD student in robotics.
+212 638410026
ENSEM, Casablanca

Maybe I misunderstood your question / goal.  I thought you wanted to do some inverse kinematics with your robot.  And to do so (with OpenRave and/or ikfast) you need to first generate the ikfast files.  These are standalone C++ files that you can use in your own code without any OpenRave.  They might even work in Windows.

It might be possible to generate ikfast files without installing OpenRave.  The ikfast generator is written in Python after all...  But I have never done it this way.  And if it is all Python, then you can theoretically do it in Windows.

In order for OpenRave to understand the construction of your robot, you need to create this xml file.  This is similar to a ROS urdf file, but the syntax is different.  The link I sent has some simple examples and the entire xml schema.  There are also xml files for a number of standard robots such as the WAM, PR2, Puma, etc.  Look under src/robots for examples.

If you are just going to use the generated ikfast files outside of OpenRave, I don't believe you need much more than the links and joints in your xml.  Ikfast doesn't do collision checking or even joint limit checking (I think).  So you don't need to put mesh files or geometric solids to make your robot actually look like a robot.  But I do recommend it if you are making your robot xml file for the first time.  Viewing the robot and moving the joints around in OpenRave will help you verify everything is correct.

Good luck,
Ben