Quantcast

Re: Unable to install openRAVE. Package catalog broken.

Re: Unable to install openRAVE. Package catalog broken.

Franks
thanks for the detailed explanation but let me make clear that this is a humanoid and by definition it should have the limitation and constrains that of human beings, so when you ask me "What are the degrees of freedom of your robot?" this is your answer.  Also  are you aware of Atlas the Boston Dynamics Humanoid? well i recall several video where i was paying attention to its inner parts and notices Arduino MCU such as Micro or even nano size boards in its back near its motor drivers which the only thing that looked big if anything was the battery the motor drivers and the motors this is pretty much the means of this humanoid getting around, i hear what your saying about an Arduino not being a fast contender for this specific application but the fact is that as long as memory does not become a issue i should be good and even so theres such things as shield with the expansion of memory, yes math is a big one BUT as long as i have the right C Math.h libraries include# in my main sketch that is all that will be needed to compute which is where the controller gets its given name "MCU" now i have those libraries that will let me perform sin() cos() atan2() functions, and a combination of polynomial and acos() functions as well (This custom maths library runs 10+ times faster than the standard built-in library). Functions are executed one by one the mcu will only execute one line of code at a time which is why sophisticated algorithms need to be implemented,

 "meaning you can write 15 lines of code that will be executed one by one IF they have met their conditional statements OR you can write 1 line of code that will do the same exact thing that the 15 line of code could have done so now when that one line is executed alot will happen" now once this code is executed the commands are sent to the proper motor drivers and therefor out of the mcu hands and now ready for the next set of calculation on the hierarchy tree of arguments. (functions/methods or void loop)

The driver will be in charge of executing multiple motor runs either cw/ccw translating into joint movements after reading analog readings from sensors, this is all very possible with arduino and in the case one cant do it then theres is no reason why we cant use more then one mcu after all we humans use 2 sides of our brains to compute correct?!

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 11:49 AM, baxelrod [via OpenRAVE Users List] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I believe what you are attempting to do is way beyond the capabilities of an Arduino.  Performing inverse kinematics involves a large amount of trigonometry, linear algebra, and floating point math that the 8 bit microcontroller won't be able to handle.  At least not in any reasonable amount of time, if it even fits on the device.  I attached some sample ikfast files so you get the idea of what I am talking about.

But it is still not exactly clear to me what you are trying to achieve.  If you have some stock walking gait (with more than one joint moving at a time), you can definitely follow that with the Arduino.  You would only need IK if you have some world coordinates (for example from a perception system) where you want to place your hand or foot.

What are the degrees of freedom of your robot?  If it is low, you might be able to calculate by hand.

-Ben

Re: Unable to install openRAVE. Package catalog broken.

lee520
<P>Unfortunately I simply won't view it taking place, Small rotator cuff flap personal belongings with the '70s [url=http://www.trxexercise.co.uk/][b]Trx Workouts[/b][/url] get hold of arrived back having recently themes influenced by manufacturers like Valentino, Marc Jacobs, Gucci etc, All those unassuming, Ladylike travel spouses can be found overshadowing typically all these oversize"Introduce the drain at hand" Purses and might add a amazing feel to your thing. Ageless neutrals as dull, Light tan since [url=http://www.trxexercise.co.uk/][b]Trx Exercises[/b][/url] age will probably be your best venture [url=http://www.trxexercise.co.uk/trx-straps/][b]Trx Straps[/b][/url] as they can add feel to successfully recreational fundamental principles, Sense of steadiness a chic [url=http://www.trxexercise.co.uk/][b]Trx Training[/b][/url] appearance,, point out typically all these elegance found in a garment fit with.</P>