Re-scaling kinbodies -- imported from collada files -- on the fly

Re-scaling kinbodies -- imported from collada files -- on the fly

asheshjain399
Hello

I am importing collada file in openrave (e.g. chair, table etc.) and would like to scale the imported kinbody on the fly i.e. within the python script. However, I am not to find the function for doing this. I looked at the API of GEOMPROPERTIES class but couldn't find any function. I am familiar that scale can be defined within the collada file as well, but my application requires modification on the fly.
Ashesh

Re: Re-scaling kinbodies -- imported from collada files -- on the fly

when importing, you can pass in a "scalegeometry" argument to the ReadKinBodyFromXML or Load functions

http://www.openrave.org/docs/latest_stable/robots_overview/#robots-repositories

env.Load('myfile.xml', {'scalegeometry':'0.001'})

rosen,

<http://openrave-users-list.185357.n3.nabble.com/Scaling-a-COLLADA-dae-file-into-OpenRAVE-Environment-td3513216.html>

-----
--