Quantcast

Returning a Trajectory Openrave Tutorials

Returning a Trajectory Openrave Tutorials

cyc198955@163.com
Hello Openrave,
I am trying to follow the openrave sample tutorial for returning the trajectory of the grasps. I made a SimEnvLoading.py and just copied in the code from the sample tutorial. I want to open our hand/arm instead of the the robot arm that is in lab1.env.xml. When running just the sample code off the  web it works. However, I guess I am confused on how this works exactly, but I just tried replacing the Robot file call at the start with our dae file. When I do this it just returned errors:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SimEnvLoading.py", line 14, in <module>
    validgrasps, validindicees = gmodel.computeValidGrasps(returnnum=1)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_/databases/grasping.py", line 781, in computeValidGrasps
    if self.manip.GetIkSolver().Supports(IkParameterization.Type.Transform6D):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'Supports'

I am thinking that either the collada file needs to be converted to a kinbody also, but I can't find a tutorial on how this is done. My other assumption is that we are the code has to be slightly changed for a collada file.

If I left out any information needed let me know.

Re: Returning a Trajectory Openrave Tutorials

Michael Koval
The problem is that you don't have an IK solver set for your
manipulator. This means that self.manip.GetIkSolver() is returning
None, hence the error message. You can either use ikfast to generate a
solver for your manipulator [1] or provide your own solver by writing
a plugin that inherits from IkSolverBase [2].

-Mike

[1] http://openrave.org/docs/latest_stable/openravepy/ikfast/
[2] http://openrave.org/docs/latest_stable/coreapihtml/classOpenRAVE_1_1IkSolverBase.html

On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 3:31 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Openrave,
> I am trying to follow the openrave sample tutorial for returning the
> trajectory of the grasps. I made a SimEnvLoading.py and just copied in the
> code from the sample tutorial. I want to open our hand/arm instead of the
> the robot arm that is in lab1.env.xml. When running just the sample code off
> the  web it works. However, I guess I am confused on how this works exactly,
> but I just tried replacing the Robot file call at the start with our dae
> file. When I do this it just returned errors:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "SimEnvLoading.py", line 14, in <module>
>     validgrasps, validindicees = gmodel.computeValidGrasps(returnnum=1)
>   File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/openravepy/_openravepy_/databases/grasping.py",
> line 781, in computeValidGrasps
>     if
> self.manip.GetIkSolver().Supports(IkParameterization.Type.Transform6D):
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'Supports'
>
> I am thinking that either the collada file needs to be converted to a
> kinbody also, but I can't find a tutorial on how this is done. My other
> assumption is that we are the code has to be slightly changed for a collada
> file.
>
> If I left out any information needed let me know.

Re: Returning a Trajectory Openrave Tutorials

cyc198955@163.com
SimEnvLoading.py
adept.xml
Hello Micheal, thanks for the response. Included is our python code we are trying to run, and the robot.xml that calls our arm and hand. However we are still running into a problem. I went to the page to add an ikfast solver and we included the little snippet of code that says through python.  It seems to have done something, but it gives us errors over solving it for the hand now.

This error, with it happening two more times for finger 2 and 3:
[colladareader.cpp:2580] failed to find manipulator arm_nogripper frame origin kmodel1/Adept_Viper_s650_Link1
[colladareader.cpp:3683] could not find collada joint 'palm'!
[colladareader.cpp:2737] failed to find joint palm in actuator motor0
[xmlreaders-core.cpp:2543] failed to create iksolver solver
[kinbody.cpp:3258] _ComputeInternalInformation: ADEPT_VIPER_S650 has incomplete kinematics! link palm not connected to root Adept_Viper_s650_Link1
[kinbody.cpp:3258] _ComputeInternalInformation: ADEPT_VIPER_S650 has incomplete kinematics! link finger_1_link_0 not connected to root Adept_Viper_s650_Link1
[kinbody.cpp:3258] _ComputeInternalInformation: ADEPT_VIPER_S650 has incomplete kinematics! link finger_1_link_1 not connected to root Adept_Viper_s650_Link1
[kinbody.cpp:3258] _ComputeInternalInformation: ADEPT_VIPER_S650 has incomplete kinematics! link finger_1_link_2 not connected to root Adept_Viper_s650_Link1
[kinbody.cpp:3258] _ComputeInternalInformation: ADEPT_VIPER_S650 has incomplete kinematics! link finger_1_link_3 not connected to root Adept_Viper_s650_Link1
[kinbody.cpp:3258] _ComputeInternalInformation: ADEPT_VIPER_S650 has incomplete

I thought that it was because of the DOF so i added 3 to the eelink, making 7 to 10 (for the 3 in each finger). But this still had the same error at 7 and 10. I know we are probably missing something easy, but could you maybe show us an example of this python script working?