STL meshes not loaded

parshad.dp
Hi,

I am currently working on a custom made model of 6 DOF robot. I wanted to know if the mesh size/details can be problem while loading the robot ? OpenRAVE consistently gives me Segmentation fault (core dumped) error. I have another file with smaller mesh sizes and they are loaded perfectly.

Also, is there a tool to convert the robot URDF files to XML files ?

Thanking you.

Re: STL meshes not loaded

hmm...... perhaps something is crashing in the viewer? can you try to open your model without the viewer? you can do

openrave.py --viewer="" mymodel

otherwise, we'd need to the mesh files to see why it segfaults.

openrave supports collada files, and there's a tool to convert urdf to collada files. i think it's called urdf2collada

I am currently working on a custom made model of 6 DOF robot. I wanted to
know if the mesh size/details can be problem while loading the robot ?
OpenRAVE consistently gives me Segmentation fault (core dumped) error. I
have another file with smaller mesh sizes and they are loaded perfectly.

Also, is there a tool to convert the robot URDF files to XML files ?

Thanking you.

Re: STL meshes not loaded

parshad.dp
Hi Rosen,

I tried loading the original files using that command but it still showed segfault. However, when I reduced the number of points(around 25000) and faces(around 45000) of those STL files using Meshlab, they got loaded.

The problem now is that I have *.urdf.xacro files,a format used in ROS, to be loaded in OpenRAVE. However,  OpenRAVE requires xml format. I tried searching on ROS, but got leads to converting xacro to sdf. Any suggestions on that part ?

Thanking you once again.