Simulating force/tactile sensors on Barrett hand

Simulating force/tactile sensors on Barrett hand

teps
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if someone had experience simulating force/tactile sensors? I saw in one of the older threads (http://openrave-users-list.185357.n3.nabble.com/force-sensor-td2894578.html) how the contact force can be calculated. But, to actually properly simulate the whole sensor, it seems like a lot more work. Does anyone have experience with this? How difficult would it be to implement an actual sensor that does that?

I found an OpenGRASP plugin that implements this, but it is rather outdated. Did someone use that before? If it worked well, I would not mind updating it.

Thanks!