Simulating force/tactile sensors on Barrett hand

Simulating force/tactile sensors on Barrett hand

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if someone had experience simulating force/tactile sensors? I saw in one of the older threads ( how the contact force can be calculated. But, to actually properly simulate the whole sensor, it seems like a lot more work. Does anyone have experience with this? How difficult would it be to implement an actual sensor that does that?

I found an OpenGRASP plugin that implements this, but it is rather outdated. Did someone use that before? If it worked well, I would not mind updating it.

engaging tech sites,!