Time to run the grasping example

Hector Ratia
Hi Rosen,
Thanks a lot for your hard work!

I have a question, how long should it take to run the examples? I run the grasping example and it takes about 2 minutes to complete 30/3000 preshapes...so it would take a long time to complete. Is this normal?

Thanks,
Héctor.

Re: Time to run the grasping example

hi hector,

you can try testing with 0 noise (add --graspingnoise=0 to the command
line), this should speed things up significantly, however you might
get deinty grasps. if you just want to test things in simulation,
perhaps 0 noise would be enough for you.

There is a way to parallelizing the grasping computation to any number
of machines using ROS. The code is in the openrave_data ros package,
where you should find a grasping_ros.py file that takes the same
arguments as grasping.py with a --launchservice argument

rosen,