Undefined symbols when loading plugins

Okal Billy
Dear Openrave users,

I am not sure if something changed in the way plugins are organized or not but now I keep getting undefined symbols error whenever I try to load my plugins

[plugindatabase.h:618] /usr/local/share/openrave/plugins/libopenprm.so: /usr/local/share/openrave/plugins/libopenprm.so: undefined symbol: _ZN7RoadMap6_nodesE
[plugindatabase.h:546] failed to load: /usr/local/share/openrave/plugins/libopenprm.so
[openravepy_int.cpp:2557] viewer qtcoin successfully attached

Is there some trcik behind this?

--
Viele Gruss/Best Regards,
Billy Okal
#5383, MA 333
"sure vi is user friendly, its just particular about who to be friends with"

Re: Undefined symbols when loading plugins

hi billy,

The message says that "RoadMap::_nodes" is not defined. OpenRAVE does
not use this symbol, so i'm guessing the problem is in your plugin
somewhere. If you can't figure out, please tell us where we can check
out this code.

rosen,

2010/10/2 Billy Okal <[hidden email]>:

> Dear Openrave users,
>
> I am not sure if something changed in the way plugins are organized or not
> but now I keep getting undefined symbols error whenever I try to load my
> plugins
>
> [plugindatabase.h:618] /usr/local/share/openrave/plugins/libopenprm.so:
> /usr/local/share/openrave/plugins/libopenprm.so: undefined symbol:
> _ZN7RoadMap6_nodesE
> [plugindatabase.h:546] failed to load:
> /usr/local/share/openrave/plugins/libopenprm.so
> [openravepy_int.cpp:2557] viewer qtcoin successfully attached
>
> Is there some trcik behind this?
>
> --
> Viele Gruss/Best Regards,
> Billy Okal
> Jacobs University Bremen
> #5383, MA 333
> "sure vi is user friendly, its just particular about who to be friends with"

Re: Undefined symbols when loading plugins

Okal Billy
Hi rosen,

I fixed the symbols problem, but it seems something is still wrong somewhere it does not create the planner interface still.

open openrave --listplugins I get

Number of plugins: 14
planner: 8
  BasicRRT - /usr/local/share/openrave/plugins/librplanners.so
  BiRRT - /usr/local/share/openrave/plugins/librplanners.so
  ExplorationRRT - /usr/local/share/openrave/plugins/librplanners.so
  GraspGradient - /usr/local/share/openrave/plugins/librplanners.so
  Grasper - /usr/local/share/openrave/plugins/libgrasper.so
  RA* - /usr/local/share/openrave/plugins/librplanners.so
  VisPRMPlanner - /usr/local/share/openrave/plugins/libopenprm.so
  shortcut_linear - /usr/local/share/openrave/plugins/librplanners.so

but on doing a basic test using the std BaseManipulation interface

In [14]: manprob = interfaces.BaseManipulation(robot, 'visprm')
[plugindatabase.h:381] Failed to create name visprm, interface planner
[basemanipulation.h:104] BaseManipulation: using BiRRT planner

it falls back to rrt all the time.

the code is here

http://prob-planning.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/prob-planning/branches/new_desc/

its some ideas am testing before a complete restructuring of the prm stuff

billy

#5383, MA 333
"sure vi is user friendly, its just particular about who to be friends with"

Re: Undefined symbols when loading plugins

hi billy,

that's because your GetPluginAttributesValidated returns
"VisPRMPlanner", but CreateInterfaceValidated checks for "visprm"

You have to make sure the names are the same.
> [...]

>> > [plugindatabase.h:546] failed to load:
>> > /usr/local/share/openrave/plugins/libopenprm.so
>> > [openravepy_int.cpp:2557] viewer qtcoin successfully attached
>> >
>> > Is there some trcik behind this?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Viele Gruss/Best Regards,
>> > Billy Okal
>> > Jacobs University Bremen
>> > #5383, MA 333
>> >
>> > -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> > "sure vi is user friendly, its just particular about who to be friends
>> > with"

> Viele Gruss/Best Regards,
> Billy Okal
> Jacobs University Bremen
> #5383, MA 333
> "sure vi is user friendly, its just particular about who to be friends with"

Re: Undefined symbols when loading plugins

Seriously? I guess this is why copy paste is always a good idea ;)
anyway, its fixed now

#5383, MA 333
"sure vi is user friendly, its just particular about who to be friends with"