bad plugin hash

waxwings
Hi Rosen,

i am a beginner with OpenRAVE and ROS. i try to run OpenRave under ROS with
roslaunch `rospack find robot_openrave_control`/schunkarm_sim.ros.xml
and there comes a long list of error messages like this:

[basecontrollersmain.cpp:20] plugin type hash is wrong
[plugindatabase.h:156] plugin /home/yimei/openrave/localinstall/share/openrave/plugins/libbasecontrollers.so: OpenRAVE: bad plugin hash

and then i tried to lauch

roslaunch `rospack find robot_openrave_control`/wam_sim.ros.xml

and there comes

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/yimei/ros/pkgs/robot_openrave_control/testopenravecontrol.py", line 6, in <module>
    env = Environment() # create openrave environment
RuntimeError: OpenRAVE: bad plugin hash
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'OpenRAVE::openrave_exception'
  what():  OpenRAVE: [/usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/recursive_mutex.hpp:67] -> void boost::recursive_mutex::lock(), expr: !pthread_mutex_lock(&m)

can you tell me what i should do or what docs i should read to fix this?

thanx
yimei

Re: bad plugin hash

hi yimei,

your problem is that you've installed openrave twice: at
/home/yimei/openrave/localinstall and at `rospack find openrave`

Please remove /home/yimei/openrave folder since you don't need it
anymore, then do:

roscd openrave
svn up
rosmake robot_openrave_control

If you have set OPENRAVE_PLUGINS AND OPENRAVE_DATA environment
variables, make sure they don't point to non-existent directories.
Also add this into your ~/.bashrc file:

export PATH=$PATH:`rospack find openrave`/bin

This should get your system to recognize openrave-config, which means
you can use FindOpenRAVE.cmake

rosen,