cannot record video

jquijano
Hello,

I have problems recording video and I have not found any answer related to my problem. When I set record video option from the graphic interface, it sends me continuously the message: [qtcoinviewer.cpp:2708] cannot record video.
Nevertheless, an empty video file is saved. When I try to open it, it says: "An error occurred. Could not demultiplex stream".
I am using ubuntu 12.04 64 bits

Anybody has experienced this problem?

Re: cannot record video

it looks like your openrave was compiled without video support. are
you compiling from sources? do you have libavcodec/ffmpeg installed?

2013/6/6 jquijano <[hidden email]>:

> Hello,
>
> I have problems recording video and I have not found any answer related to
> my problem. When I set record video option from the graphic interface, it
> sends me continuously the message: [qtcoinviewer.cpp:2708] cannot record
> video.
> Nevertheless, an empty video file is saved. When I try to open it, it says:
> "An error occurred. Could not demultiplex stream".
> I am using ubuntu 12.04 64 bits
>
> Anybody has experienced this problem?

Re: cannot record video

jquijano

First of all, I have the codecs you mentioned (libavcodec/ffmpeg).

W.r.t. the installation. On one hand, I am using a binary distribution and it doesnt work. On the other hand, i have a compiled-from-sources distribution with default options (I guess -DOPT_VIDEORECORDING=ON by default). It also doesnt work. It says the same message.

No idea but it is important for me. I have a default installation for ubuntu 12.04 (64). The only thing that comes to mind is problems with loading the codecs. I have a kdenlive installation and it also does not load some codecs that are already installed.

ffmpg package installs directly this:

/.
/usr
/usr/share
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/ffmpeg
/usr/share/doc/ffmpeg/README.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/ffmpeg/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/ffmpeg/copyright

and indirectly: libav-tools which installs a lot stuff. Nevertheless, this package conflicts with many others, including ffmpg. I wonder if it got crazy with so many things and did not install it ok despite everything seems well.

Thanks in advance,

Javer

Re: cannot record video

asheshjain399
Hey

I am also facing the same problem. Did you manage to resolve it?
--
Ashesh