collision checking with geometric bodies

collision checking with geometric bodies

baxelrod

I have a robot arm that I constructed with only <Geom type=”cylinder”> tags in the xml.  Self collisions don’t seem to be found.  Does OpenRave only check for collisions of trimesh bodies?  From what I have seen, a collision between 2 cylinder primitives does not register.  But a collision between a cylinder and a trimesh does.

Is this expected behavior?  Or am I missing an xml tag or something?

OpenRave version 0.8.2 on Ubuntu 12.04.

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Axelrod